Will Craig Be Eating Dog Food ?

fsa46

Forum Supporter
003.jpg

004.jpg

I was discussing this ring ( that I found last Winter) with Craig today and he said that it wasn't a real ruby. I asked him if he was certain and he assured me that he was positive. In fact, he said he was so positive that it wasn't real he would eat a can of dog food ( Mighty Bite ) if it was real and let me video it. :heartylaugh:

So ,knowing that all of you would enjoy seeing that video I will be taking the ring down to have it authenticated. :iwish:

Last edited:
It looks pretty good... unless it's 10k. :D

I'm going to say it's not a ruby as well though, because it's just too big... and the ring looks like 10k.

Frank, Is that stone bleeding? I see reddish on top. I've found fake red stones that bled. Btw, I'll be more then happy to video tape him for you you know. :yes:

Last edited:
Doesn't look like any ruby I ever saw. My mom had a couple. Not crazy enough to bet over dogfood though. Even milkbones you can see the horse hair in the biscuits. That Chinese dogfood will kill you. Might better just boil him some chicken and rice and throw it in a dog bowl. Either that or make him read his post about Mickey D's meat and make him eat a stack of their patties:laughing:

Doesn't look like any ruby I ever saw. My mom had a couple. Not crazy enough to bet over dogfood though. Even milkbones you can see the horse hair in the biscuits. That Chinese dogfood will kill you. Might better just boil him some chicken and rice and throw it in a dog bowl. Either that or make him read his post about Mickey D's meat and make him eat a stack of their patties:laughing:

:lol: Good one!!

I'm betting synthetic. They were making synthetic rubies well before 1920 and putting them in men's gold rings. That is (was) a popular style too.

Here's one I scooped this summer.

July 27- (17)RS.jpg

Craig has found a LOT of this style ring over the years and I don't think he would make that bet unless he was really sure.

I just got off the phone with a friend that like Craig has found many the same style also and not a single one was a real ruby. Like Irons said in his post, "That is ( was) a popular style too".

that's a nice ring and I like it, like it a lot,,,,but, don't think it is a ruby,,,,,BUT, lets take up a collection to fund the video of Craig eating puppy chow,,,,,:lol:GL HH

I found 2 rings very similar to yours, Old Gold
I took them to a jeweler was told they are synthetic they were to perfect.
1 was set in 18k hand carved.

Attachments

• Ruby.jpg
    Ruby.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 363
View attachment 238657

View attachment 238658

I was discussing this ring ( that I found last Winter) with Craig today and he said that it wasn't a real ruby. I asked him if he was certain and he assured me that he was positive. In fact, he said he was so positive that it wasn't real he would eat a can of dog food ( Mighty Bite ) if it was real and let me video it. :heartylaugh:

So ,knowing that all of you would enjoy seeing that video I will be taking the ring down to have it authenticated. :iwish:

I happen to know that Craig is partial to Alpo Prime Cuts. :yes:

alpo.jpg

Craig has found a LOT of this style ring over the years and I don't think he would make that bet unless he was really sure.

I just got off the phone with a friend that like Craig has found many the same style also and not a single one was a real ruby. Like Irons said in his post, "That is ( was) a popular style too".

I said I would have Joe video tape me eating an entire can of Mighty Dog dogfood if it was real... not Might Bite lets get the facts straight :laughing: Its a simulated ruby.. I have in the past carried a box of milk bone dog biscuits in my truck to give the dogs of my customers and have eaten quite a few myself... I have eaten a lot worse in my life :lol:

Back
Top Bottom