Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 02-16-2021, 02:29 PM

Tower crane operator

Old 02-16-2021, 03:21 PM
Elite Member

I build security fences and have been busy in the DC area but my project down south has been put on hold. Not really Im just an old __rt retired and playing with a metal detector.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:20 PM
Elite Member

Retired Law Enforcement.

www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect

Old 03-03-2021, 07:54 PM
Elite Member

Maintenance Manager for a river resort. Semi-retirement this year.

Now if I can just find a dutch oven full of gold coins!

Old 03-03-2021, 08:39 PM
Supporter

Mostly a butcher for over 30 years now. Even longer than that in the food business (first job was in an Italian restaurant). For about 7 years I worked for a number of civil engineering firms as a soil tester, survey assistant and construction site inspector. When I moved to P.A. in '07 I went back into meat cutting and have stayed there ever since. This area is too urban for me really. I wouldn't want to do surveying/engineering stuff in the big city. Most of my work back when took me to fairly rural settings, often alone. Once was about a mile down the road from the original Woodstock concert site in Bethel, NY. It was the site of an old farm formerly owned by...uhhh...George III of England, I think? I'll double check that. I always wanted to go detecting there but never got around to it. Unfortunately there's now a bunch of hoity-toity mansions where that old farm used to be....and it's all my fault! There was some really old infrastructure poking out of the dirt up there. My work in civil engineering/surveying introduced me to some really nice places in upstate NY. I've been exposed to some forgotten little corners of colonial history during my time there.

In spite of my "two professions", my college degree is in Microbiology and Chemistry and has little to do with either!

I am married to an RN from Peru, 13 years now, and we have a 12 year old son.

Oh, yeah...I've always been kind of a musician..started playing keyboard back in the early 80's. I played in a few bands in the 90's and 00's. Continued playing in my own studio since I moved here, occasionally collaborating with someone I meet. I'd always give playing in a band another try....

Last edited by Metal Pig; 03-03-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by aviationgale View post
Did you say HOT DOGS yum! I hope you are using those fabulous Hofmann hot dogs from central NY. only dogs I'll eat and have to stock up on when I visit home!
One of the worst hot dogs is Nathan's.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:38 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Originally Posted by pescadore View post
Retired Law Enforcement.
Thank you for your service!

Growing up, my parents taught me to respect our law enforcement. I can remember how my dad would explain that police officers "are here to help you." Now that I'm a little older, I carry something in my purse (just a first-aid item promoting the local police force) which reminds me to pray to my Lord for our unsung heroes - the officers who daily put their lives on the line to protect citizens like me, and who do their part to make our cities & towns safe places to live, work, & play. Thank you for being one of those sacrificial people!

Romans 10:9 & 10
Oldest coin: 1946 Wheat Penny ~ 2021 Coin Count: $1.72
Ace 250 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior
GP-Pointer ~ Cen-Tech Pinpointer

Last edited by Princess; 03-03-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:26 PM

I'm a retired police officer who now is a Virginia licensed optician. Hence my screen name.

Old 03-09-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by 71duster View post
Work,, nope,, I build muscle cars, rods, bikes ect. It's been real cool way 2 earn $$ been heavy into mopars for over 2 decades, but have worked with a bunch of different makers,,, anyhow I feel very lucky to be in this line of "work" happy hunting
My son is loving that life, too. He's 'Steve' on the automotive show 'Fantomworks'.

Old 03-10-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by joe9 View post
I am a steel worker, not many of us left anymore.
Soon as I saw 'steel worker', I figured you being from Pittsburgh. Washington PA is even closer to my growing up home. I was raised in Eighty Four, when to Ringgold HS, spent all my summers in Mingo Park.

Old 03-12-2021, 05:53 PM

with a resume at least 5 pages long... I have been there and done that. construction, printing, musician, LEO, gunsmith, basically everything except cook.. I cannot cook... it is my kryptonite.