My first Walker and just in time

CarsonChris

Elite Member
It doesn’t get much easier than today. I decided to stop at a vacant lot I pounded in the summer. The snow was flying and just starting to stick. I started going down the stairs into the vacant lot. In the summer the weeds were so thick I couldn’t get a coil near the ground by these stairs. The snow made the weeds lay down. Half way down the stairs and about 16” off to the side I get a beautiful sound and a 34/35 VDI. Check the signal in two directions and it’s solid. Flip a plug out of the weeds a put the pointer in the hole. Just a little deeper and I Pop her out!

5 minutes and silver! The heavy snow really started to stick to my coil so I gave up after about ten minutes. 378DBBF7-E940-4B79-AE88-FCBC8BA970D2.jpeg

That's your first walker ? Then you "cheated", by finding a seated half before a walker half. You're supposed to be doing them in age/date order . Tsk tsk.

Sweet !!!!!

It doesn’t get much easier than today. I decided to stop at a vacant lot I pounded in the summer. The snow was flying and just starting to stick. I started going down the stairs into the vacant lot. In the summer the weeds were so thick I couldn’t get a coil near the ground by these stairs. The snow made the weeds lay down. Half way down the stairs and about 16” off to the side I get a beautiful sound and a 34/35 VDI. Check the signal in two directions and it’s solid. Flip a plug out of the weeds a put the pointer in the hole. Just a little deeper and I Pop her out!

5 minutes and silver! The heavy snow really started to stick to my coil so I gave up after about ten minutes. View attachment 457220

Awesome find. Was this right in Carson?

We are in the same boat over here in NY , our short window just closed up and the snow is piling in.....:( :( :(

Awesome Find Chris.. I see a Big Ben in your near future..

FYI an old Mud-Puppy trick that works quite well

Wrap your coil in a Walmart style plastic bag.. just tie it off with the handles.. works Quite well for hunting in the snow !

Awesome Find Chris.. I see a Big Ben in your near future..

FYI an old Mud-Puppy trick that works quite well

Wrap your coil in a Walmart style plastic bag.. just tie it off with the handles.. works Quite well for hunting in the snow !

Every silver I haven’t found yet is a bucket lister! I used the Mud Puppy truck last year when I’d hunt the park or the sled hills. It works great. I didn’t have a bag in my work truck though. Going back there. I was pulling clad everywhere and not sure how I missed so much in the summer?

Congratulations. I can still take you to the spot where I found my WLH. Doubt I will ever forget. One beautiful coin.

Just makin it look easy aren’t ya .

Spend 5 min getting your gear out ..
put the coil to the ground and Bam!
Big silver and head home with a skip in your step.😎
Nothin to it .
Love it
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom