Seated Dime Caps 2 Weeks and a Milestone

Great report Trapper and huge congrats on 1600 career silvers. The skeleton key is cool, I have yet to find one of any type. And the seated? I can only dream. Here's to good health and good hunting!
Thank you Todd. If it wasn't for digging the seated that key would have stolen the show for me. Only the 2nd I have ever dug. Then digging the old Nickels is still a great thrill. Hope this chaos settles very soon as there is the threat of lock down coming to Wisconsin.
Trapper,
You should get a lifetime achievement award for the 1600 silvers! Unbelievable!! Jim
Very kind Jim, thank you. You now when I got into this hobby it was with big dreams of treasure. Now over a decade later I think I got some but who would have thought it would come at one at a time and take so long.:lol:
Holy cow Trapper! Beautiful coins, key and ring. That seated is just amazing - can’t imagine the feeling finding that in the ground! Like the buffs, but the key and seated are simply amazing! Congrats!
Have to agree fully Jeff. Have not dug an over abundance of Seated Coins so ever one is special. This is only the second Skeleton I have recovered and the 1st I brought home, pretty darn happy with it. The other stayed with the land owner on a permission dig. Like you I also love the Buffalo's and the "V"s as they are also thrills to add to the coffers. Trapper

Big congrats on all the finds Trapper. That key is an awesome find
Thank you Liam. The Key is something special for sure. My thoughts were first it was a jailers key from an old western. Would have been the star of the show and tell if the Seated didn't make an appearance.
Wow, Trapper what a start to the season! Congrats on the all the silver and your milestone of 1600 silver coins!!:shock:
Thank you for the kind words Scott. Lots of hours swinging the stick and hoop to get the count. Lots of great times and memories for sure. Hope to continue adding a lot more before it stops.
Great wright up and some fantastic finds. 1,600 silver coins, that's terrific. The Rosey I found yesterday makes 1,201 for me. After nine years of detecting I've found one skeleton key, and one seated dime. Well, I did find an 1835 dime about a month ago. Keep up the good work and stay safe.
HH everyone
Appreciate your reply Hiker, thank you. While I have been blessed with a few Seated Coins they are rare and very hard to come by. My oldest silver is a Bust Dime, also 1835 like yours. Don't think I will ever dig any Silver Coin in Wisconsin that will be older. Trapper

Wow great hunt's Trapp. hope all is well. My computer went down a while back, So I haven't been able to post anything. Hope all is well.

Wow great hunt's Trapp. hope all is well. My computer went down a while back, So I haven't been able to post anything. Hope all is well.
Do not now what I'd do with out the computer specially with the chaos and the lock downs going on. Hunting so far this year has been very good Carl and I have been enjoying the time spent. Miss hunting with the guys but hope that will return later this year. Corona has door knocking around here stopped so the parks are going to be the only salvation for a while. Stay safe my friend and hope to see you posting again very soon. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom