Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

...Yes - aluminum and gold live very close to each other in conductivity (for phase shift discriminating VLF’s) and eddy currents decay (for PI’s).

"Very close" ? Heck, I'll even go a step further than that and say "Identical".

Alloyed gold and aluminum share the SAME (yes, exactly the same) conductivity ranges, on a size-per-size basis.

If anyone ever tells you there's subtle differences that can be deduced or learned, here's how you put an immediate end to their notions :

Invite them out to the nearest inner city urban turfed junky park. Turn them loose. See how much gold they find, while leaving aluminum behind. I believe you will hear nothing but the sound of crickets after that. :roll:

Ya but come on Tom you know how many tabs on a beach produce to find just one piece of gold. Now I’m the water where there are fewer target there is a difference between a tab and a nice round ring. When I used the Xcal in that type of limited target situation you go over a gold ring you hear it especially on a near recent drop.... not so much on the deep one they can go either way. Are they in the same range absolutely... but gold runs just above iron up to around a penny. Let me ask you can you tell a silver coin with your explorer...... I already know the answer lol

The eternal debate - ‘But I can hear the difference!!”

Well after a spell flying the USAF T-37 - “the 6,000 pound dog whistle” I have trouble distinguishing “wees” from “woos” on traditional PI’s.

The elongated double “blip” on a nail or other ferrous object is well enough, but hearing a sort of different signal from a break-off pull tab and an engagement ring is well beyond my powers.

Ya but come on Tom you know how many tabs on a beach produce to find just one piece of gold. ....

The only time I hunt the beach (other than dinking around on the dry sand once-in-a-blue-moon, d/t I'm bored to tears), is when beach storm erosion has cut out the wet sand. In those conditions, there no tabs (or light stuff or foil or bottle caps, etc....). In fact, I've even seen it so good that not even zinc is around (d/t that's a lighter coin). Mother nature takes out all the light stuff in her natural riffle-board action.

Just too spoiled . I wait for days when "mother nature does all the work for me". On such days, I've even had 5 gold rings without a single piece of aluminum.

Granted: Such days are rare. Doh! :roll:

The eternal debate - ‘But I can hear the difference!!....

Sure. Which is nothing more than the trick of "selective memory bias" going on. Eg.: Every time we stop to dig something, we subconsciously tell ourselves: "This sounds different". But when it turns out to be junk, we say to ourselves "Well gee, come to think of it, it *did* sound a little junky after all". :roll:

But only when we finally dig a gold ring, .... THEN we remember our premonitions and say to ourselves " Aha ! I knew it ! "

Same psychology that's going on when you wake up to your radio alarm clock playing the song that you were just dreaming about. You say to yourself "I'm psychic". When in reality, you're dreaming 100's of dreams per night, none of which never come true. And when a random one does come true, THEN you remember your premonitions/dreams. MD'ing TID's are the same mind-game -tricks. Just like the sillyness of astrology: Selective memory.

As I say: If you bump into anyone claiming that "gold sounds different", there's a simple test to put that notion to rest in a heart-beat :roll:

.... The elongated double “blip” on a nail or other ferrous object is well enough, ....

If this machine is going to rely on the user trying to "second guess double beeps" (if he desires to obtain the max fabled depth), then .... this already doesn't bode well.

I've seen/met many pulse users who claim they "don't dig nails" because they can tell them by "the double beep". Yet .... those same guys quickly leave nail-riddled beaches in search of "greener grounds". Ie.: nagging doubts have them digging a bunch "just to be sure".

I've been on some nail-riddled beaches, that are so nail-riddled (after storm erosion), that the nails resemble toothpicks lying all over the ground. And ... guess how long the pulse guys last in those situations ? And after they leave, we're still harvesting conductors.

Any other question ?

Glad you liked my last bit Tom - I wrote it just for you!! I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist.

Nails all over the beach? And maybe some nice gold mixed in - so here’s the ‘other question.

What’s your solution, remember every 300th nail in this scenario has jewelry under it.

What equipment - what technique?

If this machine is going to rely on the user trying to "second guess double beeps" (if he desires to obtain the max fabled depth), then .... this already doesn't bode well.

I've seen/met many pulse users who claim they "don't dig nails" because they can tell them by "the double beep". Yet .... those same guys quickly leave nail-riddled beaches in search of "greener grounds". Ie.: nagging doubts have them digging a bunch "just to be sure".

I've been on some nail-riddled beaches, that are so nail-riddled (after storm erosion), that the nails resemble toothpicks lying all over the ground. And ... guess how long the pulse guys last in those situations ? And after they leave, we're still harvesting conductors.

Any other question ?
The key words here Tom are "nail riddled". Most any guy , with ANY detector is going to leave on a beach like that , and you know why.
But not THE KOB ! He takes out his trusty $30 harbor freight magnet on wheels and cleans those toothpicks up. I'm in a stupor as to why you haven't done this before.

Glad you liked my last bit Tom - I wrote it just for you!! I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist.

Nails all over the beach? And maybe some nice gold mixed in - so here’s the ‘other question.

What’s your solution, remember every 300th nail in this scenario has jewelry under it.

ha, well gee, your question is a bit "stacked" . Isn't it ? Ie.: It sets a supposed "premise" that if us/we "impatient" md'rs will "only" dig 300 nails, that .... gee .... we'll get some "nice gold". Right ? And .... gee .... If you asked me (or anyone) "Are you willing to dig 300 nails ..." (or foil or tabs or whatever) " .... for a gold ring, then ... Would you do it ?"

And if you meant to draw the attention to the word "under", then same same thing applies : "Gee, no one will argue with "masking" and "Under". Right ? Thus, sure, let's all just "dig nails till our arms fall off, lest, .... gasp ... we miss something that was masked" ? Heck, why not just get a cheapie machine and dig everything. So that .... gasp, we don't miss something that was "masked" right ? Why even bother with expensive machines, eh ? :wow:

.... I'm in a stupor as to why you haven't done this before.

Kob, If there is EVER anyone who "shows up on the beach with a nail-wheel-magnet after a beach storm-erosion event ", is the day I will start passing out $100 bills. In fact, I will give you a crisp $100 bill for any event/time that you can cite, where anyone did-such-a-thing on a So. CA wet-salt-sand beach, after erosion events, to pick up nails on the beach. Ok ? Agreed ?

Rick...

This is all a moot point... the AQ is sitting on the shelf at Fisher collecting dust ... right now one can take the Nox and Excal and other detectors and go out and find that gold if we were allowed to which we are not because of the virus... Fisher is not going to push this machine until we have a stabilization with the virus... they would be idiots to do it now who will buy one? Not me even though I would love to try one...

Hunting in high iron is not scary if one knows what they are doing and has the patience to work the iron... do not think the AQ is the only detector that will do it my current detectors work just fine in heavy iron.. When I was hunting a lot I hunted iron laden beaches every day...

I understand you are here to sell something...

I would not give up on my current detectors if I was to purchase one it would be used only to see if I missed anything with what I use now.

I say what I say based on the video's that have been shown to us and honestly I have not been impressed... we have seen no water hunting only wet sand...

Every detector out today will still find lots of gold...

When OBN gets his hands one one I doubt its going to increase his totals substantially because he is a slow methodical hunter who doesn't miss much and his current detector speaks for itself...

"who will buy one?" :thinking: me :dash2::laughing: Joe doesnt need to increase his 125 gold ring collection substantially to find more rings than most guys. I love a good argument........ um i mean debate.

"who will buy one?" :thinking: me :dash2::laughing: Joe doesnt need to increase his 125 gold ring collection substantially to find more rings than most guys. I love a good argument........ um i mean debate.

I'm not arguing Dew... I am stating observations with hunters who use current stock of detectors out today I don't buy into that the AQ will better than the current stock of detectors out there..

Heck if Fisher thought it would replace all other detectors they would up their current projections from 24 to 100 to full production and for anyone to say which has been said in this thread that it will be better than current detectors really doesn't know beach hunting.

While I am still here I don't think the AQ will increase your totals either with your current detectors like the MDT.. We will never know as long as this new AQ sits somewhere on the mother ship :lol:

And Dew.. I'm not debating either... :yes:

well off to the store.. now where is my N95 mask :D

Good points

Craig , can't believe Dews & OBN S fever hasn't broke yet , Fisher's window of oportunity has dwindled down , so they are throwing the bait & hook out by producing under 100 machines so they have a few like Joe & Dew fighting to get them , sometimes windows of oportunity come & go, sometimes never come back , the ship has set sail in my opinion for now , it might come back, might sink, might be one of the 1715 fleet ships never found , still a fantasy machine which turns out to be NO BIG DEAL if it makes it back to port one day , not going to A, or debate as Craig said , :agree: , for all the guys & girls that have been waiting forever including Dew & OBN :realitycheck:

....Heck if Fisher thought it would replace all other detectors they would up their current projections from 24 to 100 to full production ...

Are you trying to say that the "evil profit motive" would kick in (if this were viable/workable), and that things would go "full production" ?

Well this is easy : All we need to do is throw in a few conspiracy theories, and the corona virus, and then presto, the "perfect reason" we don't see it on the showroom floor.

Any other questions ? :?:

Craig , can't believe Dews & OBN S fever hasn't broke yet , Fisher's window of oportunity has dwindled down , so they are throwing the bait & hook out by producing under 100 machines so they have a few like Joe & Dew fighting to get them , sometimes windows of oportunity come & go, sometimes never come back , the ship has set sail in my opinion for now , it might come back, might sink, might be one of the 1715 fleet ships never found , still a fantasy machine which turns out to be NO BIG DEAL if it makes it back to port one day , not going to A, or debate as Craig said , :agree: , for all the guys & girls that have been waiting forever including Dew & OBN :realitycheck:

They are both bored... They don't need this shiny new object but they want to be the first that gets one.... I can't wait for Joe to start digging trash with a PI...

I didn't start hunting with a VLF I went for depth with a pulse so I dug plenty of deep ferrous targets but lots of gold as well...

I want to watch OBN swearing at that rusty nut he brings up from over a foot down :lol:... He won't be saying thank you lord... he will be muttering why lord why... what was I thinking :D

They are both bored... They don't need this shiny new object but they want to be the first that gets one.... I can't wait for Joe to start digging trash with a PI...

I didn't start hunting with a VLF I went for depth with a pulse so I dug plenty of deep ferrous targets but lots of gold as well...

I want to watch OBN swearing at that rusty nut he brings up from over a foot down :lol:... He won't be saying thank you lord... he will be muttering why lord why... what was I thinking :D
But he shouldn't be digging that "nut up" !
This is my understanding from Rick's inside knowledge and fantasy videos : this machine is designed for gold jewelry. Not coins , silver and small bits of whatever. In disc , you will lose 10% in depth. It will eliminate iron , caps , trash ,etc. In all metal , it will go deep and pickup everything.

So...why would I hunt in all metal hitting on everything with this detector ? My PIs do that just fine thank you. IDK. After awile , it gets to the point that talk is cheap. Some on Wall Street think it could be 5 years before our economy recovers from this pandemic. What's going to be the excuse then ? It's economically not feasible ?

He also says that Fisher's plan is to have a "long line of PIs" in the pipeline. And there will be a run of 100 for the anointed ones. Say these are about $2,500-3k. Then in 6 months they pump out a similar featured detector for $899 ? Who will the joke then be on ?:laughing:

But he shouldn't be digging that "nut up" !
This is my understanding from Rick's inside knowledge and fantasy videos : this machine is designed for gold jewelry. Not coins , silver and small bits of whatever. In disc , you will lose 10% in depth. It will eliminate iron , caps , trash ,etc. In all metal , it will go deep and pickup everything.

So...why would I hunt in all metal hitting on everything with this detector ? My PIs do that just fine thank you. IDK. After awile , it gets to the point that talk is cheap. Some on Wall Street think it could be 5 years before our economy recovers from this pandemic. What's going to be the excuse then ? It's economically not feasible ?

He also says that Fisher's plan is to have a "long line of PIs" in the pipeline. And there will be a run of 100 for the anointed ones. Say these are about $2,500-3k. Then in 6 months they pump out a similar featured detector for $899 ? Who will the joke then be on ?:laughing:

Kob... I have nothing against this detector and would love to own one... its a pulse and its going to find iron just like my Excal can be fooled by small ferrous targets this one will as well... I can accept that it wouldn't bother me in the least... If I do buy one I would not want to lose 10 percent in depth.. I would use it as a PI no disc.

Same here

All metal no disc, I dought in all metal this machine with that coil will do better that the Surf Pi Df , the 12 with 6 in the middle is a depth beast , Joe comes down to the beach he is welcome, to bring the Devel , we will run heads up on depth test's Df against the AQ all metal , and someone else with the TDI , if it beats out both, I'll buy one , I am also curious how deep over the Ctx, and Nox with the big coils - when the AQ in disc does , not much difference , than not worth the money , I'll keep my VLFS & DF and put the cash in fishing gear .

:laughing: Good one Craig...

All metal no disc, I dought in all metal this machine with that coil will do better that the Surf Pi Df , the 12 with 6 in the middle is a depth beast , Joe comes down to the beach he is welcome, to bring the Devel , we will run heads up on depth test's Df against the AQ all metal , and someone else with the TDI , if it beats out both, I'll buy one , I am also curious how deep over the Ctx, and Nox with the big coils - when the AQ in disc does , not much difference , than not worth the money , I'll keep my VLFS & DF and put the cash in fishing gear .

Now that Surfy , is an awesome reply and a comparison I would like to see. But why all metal for you guys ? Just because you need that depth ? An extra 10% or so ? I was under the impression that where you hunt is loaded with iron. Isn't that the reason why you bought it , to use in disc ? Another thing I think Rick said was this won't work good IN the water. So what the heck is that about ?

Back
Top Bottom