Church of the Compadre...

you people got me fired up talkin bout religon and smokin.. nothin goes together better. I had a cousin he was one of those second cousins once removed I never knew what that ment but I met him once and was too embarrased to ask him but I figured it was once removed from the litter I didnt let on like we was better than him because he was a famous Christian comedian. His name was Wendy Bagwell and him and 3 women would travel around the country, he would tell Christian jokes (there are still a few around believe it or not) but they were called Wendy Bagwell and the Starlights I think it was. I still laugh about the time he went up into the north georgia mtns We all lived around Atlanta so it was just a day trip for em but they arrived at this real primitive church he said everybody was real nice but he noticed one of the members hand was all curled up and he was thinkin about it when the preacher told him to take the podieum he noticed the guy pull out a burlap sack from behind him and dumped out a pile of venomous snakes. well wendy asked the pastor where the back door was and the pastor said there aint one. Wendy said well where do you reckon they want one. He was really funny second to none. He sent me his tape about two weeks after he died. Well yall got me so fired up I almost forgot to ask yall you know im old school and im old so i use an old fashioned metal detector One of my number 1 cousins still uses his he made that runs on transistors him and his daddy were big hamm radio nuts. but mine is a little more primitive. I decided on this model because it was as far as my intelligence level would carry me. I use a long mop stick with the head cut off with a long stout finishin nail sharpened up to meticulusly fie point but all I can get is cans and bottle caps I did find a pair of pink panties the other day boy that guy was really mad he ran me completely out of piedmont park. I was tryin to tell the guy i was just looking for my old hash pipe that me and the president use to pass around when the Almond Brothers would come a play for free at the park. Luckily the cops never came. Me and the judge dont fish together anymore. Last time i went fishin with him I was17 years old he told me thr next time I got a DUI he was going to have to thro the book at me. I thought that sounded pretty bad. I took the judge at his word and never got the sixth one. sorry I rambled I must have inhaled

i once was in a local dive bar when somebody slid a burlap bag full of rattlesnakes in under the door . was quite frightening to me because im very scared of snakes. in fact i never went into a public bar again after that. ever!

now out here where im at (yes the exact place where hound dogs are spray painted with blaze orange numbers and if you dont have well worn rubber boots visible on your very muddy truck you sir are suspect) a bag of rattlers in church (some churches) is not a prank its a wonderful expression of conviction.

and just like the bar i wont be in there either ...

you people got me fired up talkin bout religon and smokin.. nothin goes together better. I had a cousin he was one of those second cousins once removed I never knew what that ment but I met him once and was too embarrased to ask him but I figured it was once removed from the litter I didnt let on like we was better than him because he was a famous Christian comedian. His name was Wendy Bagwell and him and 3 women would travel around the country, he would tell Christian jokes (there are still a few around believe it or not) but they were called Wendy Bagwell and the Starlights I think it was. I still laugh about the time he went up into the north georgia mtns We all lived around Atlanta so it was just a day trip for em but they arrived at this real primitive church he said everybody was real nice but he noticed one of the members hand was all curled up and he was thinkin about it when the preacher told him to take the podieum he noticed the guy pull out a burlap sack from behind him and dumped out a pile of venomous snakes. well wendy asked the pastor where the back door was and the pastor said there aint one. Wendy said well where do you reckon they want one. He was really funny second to none. He sent me his tape about two weeks after he died. Well yall got me so fired up I almost forgot to ask yall you know im old school and im old so i use an old fashioned metal detector One of my number 1 cousins still uses his he made that runs on transistors him and his daddy were big hamm radio nuts. but mine is a little more primitive. I decided on this model because it was as far as my intelligence level would carry me. I use a long mop stick with the head cut off with a long stout finishin nail sharpened up to meticulusly fie point but all I can get is cans and bottle caps I did find a pair of pink panties the other day boy that guy was really mad he ran me completely out of piedmont park. I was tryin to tell the guy i was just looking for my old hash pipe that me and the president use to pass around when the Almond Brothers would come a play for free at the park. Luckily the cops never came. Me and the judge dont fish together anymore. Last time i went fishin with him I was17 years old he told me thr next time I got a DUI he was going to have to thro the book at me. I thought that sounded pretty bad. I took the judge at his word and never got the sixth one. sorry I rambled I must have inhaled
Loved the post wildbill, even though it was a little hard for this good ole Yankee boy to understand with your Southern drawl and all ;):lol::lol::lol:.

You should live here for awhile and try to decipher the language.
Been in the south 31 years and in Bama for 18 and I still have trouble.:D
Did you say something Digger, I couldn't understand you :p:lol::lol::lol:. Seriously though I have a number of people in the hobby that I call from time to time from all over the south and I enjoy hearing how they talk, not hard to understand most of them but there are a few that is alittle hard to understand.

Did you say something Digger, I couldn't understand you :p:lol::lol::lol:. Seriously though I have a number of people in the hobby that I call from time to time from all over the south and I enjoy hearing how they talk, not hard to understand most of them but there are a few that is alittle hard to understand.

Multiple syllable words become one syllable...one syllable words become multiple..the letters "I" and "E" are interchangeable and often used at the same time
Pen, Pin and Ten all are pronounced that way.
Ten is not tEn, it is tien, like in Tiananmen Square in China.
My wife always says dawg, not dog, and I always say "What?" and make her repeat it every time she says that word because it amuses me so much to hear it.
She always asks if I am making fun of her and I always say "Yep, and I always will, too!"

The down home words and sayings crack me up, too.

"Did you ever run a marathon?"
"Not lately, but I usetacould."

Living in the south is fun, but sometimes you need an English to southern English dictionary.

Multiple syllable words become one syllable...one syllable words become multiple..the letters "I" and "E" are interchangeable and often used at the same time
Pen, Pin and Ten all are pronounced that way.
Ten is not tEn, it is tien, like in Tiananmen Square in China.
My wife always says dawg, not dog, and I always say "What?" and make her repeat it every time she says that word because it amuses me so much to hear it.
She always asks if I am making fun of her and I always say "Yep, and I always will, too!"

The down home words and sayings crack me up, too.

"Did you ever run a marathon?"
"Not lately, but I usetacould."

Living in the south is fun, but sometimes you need an English to southern English dictionary.
Have to admit some of us in the New England states have quit the accent also. Talk to someone from Mass. for example, they don't use the letter R in there words. You and I drive a car they drive a kaah :lol:. We have neighbors from Conn. and their mothers sisters are their aaaunts not ants like I pronounce it.

I don't have a Compadre handy but do agree with your results @ picking up a wedding ring. I don't have my air test results handy but do remember a nicel tested deeper than any other coin which as you know is where alot of rings/jewelry come in at. The Compadre is in a league all of its own when it comes to hitting on jewelry.

I don't know how well a gold ring would hit on my ACE 250... BUT I did get a Titanium wedding band at near 11 inches in the dry sand on the beach once, and a 925 "HARLEY DAVIDSON" ring at 6" just after bike week.

Attachments

• ring day 3.jpg
    ring day 3.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 2,939
  • HD Ring 1.jpg
    HD Ring 1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 2,926
So if I go join the ACE ACADEMY, when I get my Sand Shark can I join the Church of the Compadre? Is it for only Compadre owners, and if so do I then need to start a Sand Shark Circle? :lol:

So if I go join the ACE ACADEMY, when I get my Sand Shark can I join the Church of the Compadre? Is it for only Compadre owners, and if so do I then need to start a Sand Shark Circle? :lol:
Well, I'm one of the Ace yellow bellies in the church, but I do give a witness mostly to the Compadre now. I mean the church does need a goodwill ambassador. Ya'll hear?

Last edited:
Hello Brothers - I have joined the Church!

Just snagged this little jewel with 7 inch coil for $102.50 on FeeBay! :D

Been watching it for a week. Now my arsenal will be nearly complete!

Attachments

• compadre.jpg
    compadre.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2,578
Welcome Bob. I finally got out today with mine for a real hunt at one if my hot spots. It didn't disappoint either. 16 quarters, 9 nickels, 14 dimes, and around 20 pennies. This thing hits hard and locks on coins! I had it set at the o in foil the whole time. I didn't need to thumb the disc at all. I just used the lift coil and wiggle method to determine the target and depth. I didn't dig that much trash either. Towards the end of my hunt I switched back to my BH machine for a while. Wow that thing is heavy! The Compadre is a coin killer!
HH

Welcome Bob. I finally got out today with mine for a real hunt at one if my hot spots. It didn't disappoint either. 16 quarters, 9 nickels, 14 dimes, and around 20 pennies. This thing hits hard and locks on coins! I had it set at the o in foil the whole time. I didn't need to thumb the disc at all. I just used the lift coil and wiggle method to determine the target and depth. I didn't dig that much trash either. Towards the end of my hunt I switched back to my BH machine for a while. Wow that thing is heavy! The Compadre is a coin killer!
HH

I'm going to challenge myself to find enough clad in one month to pay the $115 it cost with shipping included. Should not be hard to do as good as it seems to hit on coins.. A ring or two would not be bad either. ;)

I love my Sovereign and know it blows this one away on depth, but with the trash I have to deal with I think the Compadre will be great for my area parks and totlots.

I am joining the congregation!! I just purchased an Etrac and within the same week just ordered a Tesoro Compadre. Oh how I long for simplicity of the beep and dig machines. I needed a break from 100000 tones and a smartfind screen. :yes:

having both is like being an executive who drives a BMW 750i as a daily driver.
7series-21.jpg

this is the Etrac

and drives this BMW 2002 when he needs a change of pace.
bmwmm03.jpg

This is the Compadre

Both have their place. Both totally RULE!

Back
Top Bottom