8 Rings And Got a Bride For Earl!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Although I scratched the detecting itch last weekend on a dry/wet sand hunt, and even found a small gold, it’s not what the doctor had ordered after having my last water hunt almost 2 months ago. I had been carefully salivating all week dying to get out and I did yesterday. I left work early since the kiddies haven’t started yet for the mid-afternoon low tide. I hunted for over 4.5 hours with Nu Blu and Owl Engineering’s new thin CF shaft. I gotta say that my swinging arm was dying at the end, and I can only imagine how much more it would’ve hurt with a regular sized shaft. My swinging arm is definitely outta shape!

When I got to the beach conditions couldn’t be any better and I was surprised to see just how much sand had moved around everywhere from the last time I had been out there in late June. I found it unbelievable that I found 3 rings in about 30 minutes in and a 4th ring within the hour. I thought for sure that gold would be a given on this hunt! :yes: It just goes to show how this hobby can psych you out. :lol: Out of the 8 rings, 3 are silver, with the heart one being Pandora. Also got my 1st dollar coin this year. At least I can now finally check off “BRIDE” tiara off my bucket list! :roll:

As I was about to post, I noticed “Made in Italy” writing on those front sunglasses. I looked them up and they are ILLESTEVA “Prince” and retail new for $240. Looks like I did have a nice score! :D

Attachments

• 8-12-22.jpg
    8-12-22.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 521
  • 8-12-22 Silver.jpg
    8-12-22 Silver.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 510
  • 8-12-22 Junk Rings.jpg
    8-12-22 Junk Rings.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 516
  • 8-12-2 Glasses.jpg
    8-12-2 Glasses.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 518
Not a bad hunt at all. Welcome back. I'm sure the beaches have changed a bit after not seeing them for 2 months.

Nice to see you are diversifying hunting by moving into tot lots.. will prepare you better for old age :lol:

Did you bring my Bride back with you from the trip :?::?:
Earl, I did but she asked me about you. I told her you were a really good guy but that you shared your bed with metal detectors. When she heard that she jumped up and ran away and all that was left was the "BRIDE" tiara. :laughing:

Nice to see you are diversifying hunting by moving into tot lots.. will prepare you better for old age :lol:
At least I will have comfort in the knowledge of knowing that you'll be there before me to give me pointers! :p :laughing:

Earl, I did but she asked me about you. I told her you were a really good guy but that you shared your bed with metal detectors. When she heard that she jumped up and ran away and all that was left was the "BRIDE" tiara. :laughing:

At least I will have comfort in the knowledge of knowing that you'll be there before me to give me pointers! :p :laughing:

Ever since I bought a Nox I have been called a tot lot hunter :lol:

Back
Top Bottom