pulling up stakes.....

John Madill

Elite Member
literally, at the beach.

This handful is from my last two trips to the beach. The stakes usually ring up pretty low. And you figure out it is a stake pretty quickly as they are hard to pinpoint.

Cannot imagine anyone really thinking one of these tiny things would actually hold down anything in the sand.

Also, it is amazing to see so many people lined up in beach chairs with a beautiful view in front of them and they are all scrolling up and down on their smart phones.

Attachments

• stakes.jpg
    stakes.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 666
For some reason my Xcal will not disc those things out so i also dig a number of them./

Have never found a use for them.

Tent stakes are a sore subject with me. I use some for gardening. A few years ago I did an experiment where I filled my backpack half way with them over 3 days (heavy). Thinking I was doing a good thing. 2 weeks later , on the same beach , it was the same thing. That was it for me. Though I still take a few off the beach , most I toss back up on the dry sand. No matter what you do , they are never ending. Because of the lazy slobs who leave them in the 1st place. Not even the rake machines get them all. Pinpointing them is always easy for me. The difficult ones are when they are deep and vertical. They sound so good ! 95% of the time I know what they are before I dig them on the slope or wet sand. The reason I will dig them is that they often times mask other targets. Particularly the older , deep , rusty ones.

I give my found stakes to my son's former Scout troop.

my 3030cxt will not let me dig such trash!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
No wonder I find so much gold in O'side. Thanks ! I need more hunters that think like you. The problem with the CTX , Nox or any other machine for that matter is the masking. When setting your disc , bias , balance , etc , what most don't realize is that salinity , mineralization , sand strata , emi , angle and depth of target ALL play a factor. And you WILL miss good targets. Sure it's a numbers game , I get it. But I love the mentality of those who "know for certain" that it's ONLY a piece of metal junk and are not willing to put forth the effort. Then a pro comes in and has a "dig it all mentality ". The big majority are just tent stakes. But every so often.....

I pretty much scoop up every signal at the beach since it's much easier than kneeling and digging in a park.

I agree. It is insane to think they are going to hold anything down on a lightly breezy beach. With the nox they are pretty easy to identify, but my wife uses them in the ever growing garden so I dig em and keep em.

No wonder I find so much gold in O'side. Thanks ! I need more hunters that think like you. The problem with the CTX , Nox or any other machine for that matter is the masking. When setting your disc , bias , balance , etc , what most don't realize is that salinity , mineralization , sand strata , emi , angle and depth of target ALL play a factor. And you WILL miss good targets. Sure it's a numbers game , I get it. But I love the mentality of those who "know for certain" that it's ONLY a piece of metal junk and are not willing to put forth the effort. Then a pro comes in and has a "dig it all mentality ". The big majority are just tent stakes. But every so often.....

The KOB is right as usual. I've literally got video of an 8gram 18k gold ring jumping around like a tent peg, all because there was iron in the same hole masking it, and the nox was deciding it looked like mostly iron.

I hunt with PI machine so I never lose a good target due to too much faith in it.

I hate tent pegs!!! People are using more and more of those stupid things. There are days when I find more pegs than pull tabs. Just give me back my old pull tabs! They are so much easier to carry in my garbage bag.

I hate tent pegs!!! People are using more and more of those stupid things. There are days when I find more pegs than pull tabs. Just give me back my old pull tabs! They are so much easier to carry in my garbage bag.

Agree. I find more stakes than pull tabs. Sometimes I hesitate to dig the damn things but then they will be there next time in addition to the fresh ones. :?::?::?:

Found 6 more at the beach tonight. As i was working my way back towards the parking lot just before sunset a Gator mobile drove past emptying trash cans.

The tire tracks formed a perfect line to my car so i started detecting between them.

Found a George Washington dollar coin and a dime!

I pretty much scoop up every signal at the beach since it's much easier than kneeling and digging in a park.

Yup, sand scooping is easier on the knees, but I still say my prayers at the parks😁👍

I just trash can the tent stakes and other trash, it’s just part of the ritual imo 😁

Back
Top Bottom