Lake Meade?

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
I've not seen any posts of anyone hunting lake Meade which is down approximately 70%, am I missing something?

There's got to be some great finds coming out of there.

Thanks for the info Tom.

That explains why I'm not seeing anything about Meade. What a bummer, there has to be a massive amount of jewelry in that lake, all the party boat and drinking....stuff dreams are made of.

Was out there last August and took a pic from above the Dam. It's was low then not sure how much more it has dropped since. Just sight seeing, not detecting.

Attachments

• Meade.jpg
    Meade.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 256
Thanks for the info Tom.

That explains why I'm not seeing anything about Meade. What a bummer, there has to be a massive amount of jewelry in that lake, all the party boat and drinking....stuff dreams are made of.

I like your thinking, it's spot on ! Yes It's a shame that the lake is closed off. I have one close by that is a national park, up here in Canada. It gets an insane amount of use, and has for many decades. We cannot detect in national parks here, only provincial parks. The main issue is the gov.s fear of detectorists walking out with historic/fur trade/ native items. Although the joke here is that every third farm family on the Canadian prairies has a box or two of stone points, trade axes, etc, from working their land for the last one or two hundred years.

..... Although the joke here is that every third farm family on the Canadian prairies has a box or two of stone points, trade axes, etc, from working their land for the last one or two hundred years.

And the difference between those "farm families" and the average md'r is : That those farm families didn't go asking enough "Can I ?" questions. If they had done so, then THEY TOO could have been told "no". And then THEY TOO could have started forums lamenting their lack of freedoms. Shame on them, eh ? :roll:

Hey, I lost my ring at Lake Meade. It's large and made of gold. I have a few friends who also lost their rings as well.
If anyone finds it please PM me and I'll get you to send me them.

Back
Top Bottom