Coin Shortage?

WHY?? An average man either can not or should not lift a 5 gallon bucket full of us coins. Personally, I would not trust the plastic bucket to contain that much weight, that could make such a big mess if it burst. You have the potential to be part of a solution rather than being part of a problem now. Maybe bring in $100 bucks worth at a time, (no need to roll it) and hoard hundred dollar bills instead. The banks should be happy to buy your change nowadays.
I knew a guy who did this, thinking: "It works for me"...until he had to move. Horrible "helping-a-friend-move" experience for me! He learned his lesson then too.
Soon the coin "shortage" thing will pass, and you may have missed your opportunity to be a local hero. Cash that burden in!

That is what Dollies are for, anyone that would pick up a five gallon bucket filled with coins deserves to have a hurt back in my opinion
I will eventually go through the buckets one by one and see what I have thrown in them but I will go through them when I am ready to go through them not because someone thinks I should, for now I will continue to put more in

the decision i made over twenty years ago I did for a reason it for me was a easy way to save just like paying cash pretty much for everything, and like I stated I do have a bank account I just do not deposit into it much

how many out there in this day and time can say they have no credit card debt or do not not owe on there home or are thousands of dollars in debt, I can proudly say I have none, and I have worked vary hard to keep it that way

the only regret I have is I did not separate into separate denominations it would have made it much easier when it comes time to count it all

I have been paying cash for everything for over 20 years and saving my change for even longer, I currently have 4 five gallon buckets with lids on them that are completely full of coins, I carry a one gallon jug around in my car and every time I get change from a transaction all the coins go into the jug I carry in my car, once that jug is full I put the coins into my five gallon buckets, people would be really surprised if they only knew how fast a gallon jug fills up when you do that all the time on a regular bases they would also be really surprised how much a one gallon jug adds up to...

I dread the day I am hurting for money and have to sit and count out the coins I have in those five gallon buckets because it will probably take me months or years to count it all let alone put it into coin rolls

WHY?? An average man either can not or should not lift a 5 gallon bucket full of us coins. Personally, I would not trust the plastic bucket to contain that much weight, that could make such a big mess if it burst. You have the potential to be part of a solution rather than being part of a problem now. Maybe bring in $100 bucks worth at a time, (no need to roll it) and hoard hundred dollar bills instead. The banks should be happy to buy your change nowadays.
I knew a guy who did this, thinking: "It works for me"...until he had to move. Horrible "helping-a-friend-move" experience for me! He learned his lesson then too.
Soon the coin "shortage" thing will pass, and you may have missed your opportunity to be a local hero. Cash that burden in!

Long ago, when I was a bored young man, I analyzed my saved pocket change -- and as I recall it was $15-20 per pound. Today, as a bored old man, I just did a back-of-napkin calculation of average weight and value of change assuming an even balance from .00 to .99... and got about $13 per pound. If that fills a 1 gallon jug with 25% airspace -- about 48 pounds = about $600. Daaaaym!

oldkoot, shop around for a bank or credit union with a coin counting machine -- no need to roll it all. I'd be tempted to through search it all for silvers and key dates but dang, that's a huge undertaking as well!

Back
Top Bottom