Sorry Brad, Green Mountain MD

You need to either:

Stop watching his videos.

Or

Stop complaining with how he chooses to monetize them.

Sorry, you don't tell me what to do. I will complain all I like. Don't like it? Too bad.

You are a AQ pimp now :laughing:

I like Brad at Green Mountain and will continue to watch him... most do this these days....

the guy Gets an $800.00 detector to hunt in the woods. he pitched 'em a bone! no big deal.i bet he tries to give it back to 'em at some point, just because of the type of person he is! his vids are really well done, and very interesting.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Sorry, you don't tell me what to do. I will complain all I like. Don't like it? Too bad.

You continue to watch (and financially support) someone you disapprove of.

Doesn't sound like the most reasonable or sympathetic of positions to be in.

You don't like how someone makes their videos, but choose to continue watching them? Too bad, deal with it.

what is arrogant and offensive is thinking you deserve that video for free and that the creator is not entitled to profit from hard work in the way they see fit.....the irony in what you said blows my mind. People used to pay for cable that had commercials.....

Very logical in what you said, so I think the point will be missed.

You don't like how someone makes their videos, but choose to continue watching them? Too bad, deal with it.

I am dealing with it by voicing my opinion here. What part of that don't you understand?

I was never into green mountain, or stealth diggers for that matter. I'll occasionally watch a Hoover boy video, but my favorite is hiluxtoya. Usually the entire 10-15 minutes is spent detecting, no beating around the bush. Not to mention he finds some really nice old gold. Straight to the point, which I prefer. No music, no driving, just metal detecting 99% of the time. The other 1% is spent calling out the leeches in his area and wrapping up the video.

I am dealing with it by voicing my opinion here. What part of that don't you understand?

I don't understand how you feel like you're justified in complaining about something you voluntarily expose yourself to over and over and over.

Here:

I hear the "This video is sponsored by XYZ-",

skip it by double-tapping (10-second skip)

The content creator gets money regardless,

I get video regardless.

Easy peasy.

P.S. This is how I do it, not trying to start another argument.

Beautifully said. Just like a tv commercial, ignore it if you have no interest in the product/ad.

Brad makes excellently produced videos, which are always enjoyable to watch. I have YouTube premium and don't see any of the ads. The in video ad content seems to be going thing these days, and a lot of content creators are going this route, not just detecting videos. I don't begrudge anyone making a buck from their videos and as Metaldetecto said, skip the content. If you think Brad is bad, check out Stealth diggers. They've raised shilling to an art form!

Hey folks!

Brad here from Green Mountain. Most of comments here sum up my position on the matter pretty well so I don’t too have much to add.

I just wanted to say that I’m incredibly grateful that you all have developed enough of a connection to my videos to even HAVE strong opinions on them. 50 comments is honestly blowing my mind.

As a musician growing up in the punk/metal scene, I can appreciate the sellout opinions- that’s totally fair. Hopefully, “his old stuff was better” will be referring to the occasional ad and not the quality of the videos overall.

I’m heading out into the mountains for some filming today, hope you all have a good one!

Brad

Hey folks!

Brad here from Green Mountain. Most of comments here sum up my position on the matter pretty well so I don’t too have much to add.

I just wanted to say that I’m incredibly grateful that you all have developed enough of a connection to my videos to even HAVE strong opinions on them. 50 comments is honestly blowing my mind.

As a musician growing up in the punk/metal scene, I can appreciate the sellout opinions- that’s totally fair. Hopefully, “his old stuff was better” will be referring to the occasional ad and not the quality of the videos overall.

I’m heading out into the mountains for some filming today, hope you all have a good one!

Brad
Your a new member ? Where the heck you been , the mountains ? I've seen a few of your videos but not all and thought they were pretty darn good. Haven't seen your pimping videos , but if you get a few bucks or some product , good for you. Just be careful of turning it into an infomercial 🤣

Hey folks!

Brad

Love your videos and the effort put into them, keep up the good work and good luck and be careful out in those mountains!

I may disagree with you often Tim, but I always respect your opinion and right to have it and voice it. hopefully my comments have not given you an impression of the opposite.

I don't understand how you feel like you're justified in complaining about something you voluntarily expose yourself to over and over and over.
That.....my friend....is the definition of insanity : doing the same thing over and over and over again... repeatedly.....and expecting a different result.

the guy Gets an $800.00 detector to hunt in the woods. he pitched 'em a bone! no big deal.i bet he tries to give it back to 'em at some point, just because of the type of person he is! his vids are really well done, and very interesting.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I guess my post went over your head... the AQ is a beach machine... a pulse detector that part of my message was towards OBN... if you notice OBN responded to me :yes:

I don't understand how you feel like you're justified in complaining about something you voluntarily expose yourself to over and over and over. [/Q

I love Brad's videos, but disagree regarding his recent addition of the two minute infomercial. That was my only point during this discussion.

I don't understand how you feel like you're justified in complaining about something you voluntarily expose yourself to over and over and over. [/Q

I love Brad's videos, but disagree regarding his recent addition of the two minute infomercial. That was my only point during this discussion.

Fair enough

I may disagree with you often Tim, but I always respect your opinion and right to have it and voice it. hopefully my comments have not given you an impression of the opposite.

No problem. I do get carried away sometimes. Guess I just like to argue! Lol!

While I don't care for the commercials, or his new duds,(they make him look like a Euro-tech geek of some sort, and I'd detect in my skivvies before I'd pay what they want for a pair of those pants), I'm not giving up on Brad. I like his videos better than any others I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom