S. Ca, Beach Hunters

speculation is one of those super container ship's anchor hit the pipe line and bent it and ripped it open. Seems like you guys have them stacked up off shore out there.

One thing I will say about California, when things go bad out there they really go bad in a big way.

All you guys need now out there is a massive volcano to erupt near the beach like they do in Hawaii from time to time.

I also heard that the next wave of immigrants are busting through Arizona border breach and headed for California.

Man when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's California was consider the best state in the US by almost all measures. What the heck happened?

News

Is saying it was caused by a ship anchor , can anyone explain why container ships are anchored off the CA. coast- loaded ?:?::roll: East coast supplies are down , went to the store Monday , didn't have 5 items ! What is holding them up from being unloaded :?:

Is saying it was caused by a ship anchor , can anyone explain why container ships are anchored off the CA. coast- loaded ?:?::roll: East coast supplies are down , went to the store Monday , didn't have 5 items ! What is holding them up from being unloaded :?:

It is a result of the Pandemic and not enough dock workers, truck drivers to get all this stuff on the road and into the stores.

CAUTION: DO NOT TAKE THIS THREAD POLITICAL!

It is a result of the Pandemic and not enough dock workers, truck drivers to get all this stuff on the road and into the stores.

One thing for sure, no shortage of Beach hunters...:laughing:

There were times I could go 2-3 weeks without seeing a hunter. Also there were more women , and a few were very good hunters. But in the last year I'm seeing a resurgence of them. 3 of them have formed a club called...get this..."Gold diggers".

It is common to see 50-60 ships anchored offshore. Besides the labor shortage , a key factor is the size of them. They are mega container ships. These weren't abundant 10 years ago. They are outgrowing the harbors that were designed for smaller ships.

THE KOB has no issues working around beach closures , just like he did last year. But dealing with the oil presents it's own challenges. There is already a video out of a guy with oil blobs up to his knees after a hunt. Some have reactions to this such as burning skin , etc. This could be a factor whether I may have an EPIC season. Less hunters not willing to risk it....

Got that right OBN, can hardly swing a coil without hitting another Beach Hunter!! :pirate::viking2::pirate2::pirates:
On a recent hunt I got down to the beach after 10pm, parked my car, and walked a couple hundred yards straight out to the water. Not a soul on the dry sand but as soon as I got to the wet sand there was another hunter DIRECTLY below me and a fresh cut. Later around midnight I ran into another detectorist who was getting a little too close to where I was working. I wound up with my share of gold and silver so I shouldn't complain but I miss the times when I wouldn't even see that many hunters in the daylight hours for an entire week.
:(

There were times I could go 2-3 weeks without seeing a hunter. Also there were more women , and a few were very good hunters. But in the last year I'm seeing a resurgence of them. 3 of them have formed a club called...get this..."Gold diggers".

It is common to see 50-60 ships anchored offshore. Besides the labor shortage , a key factor is the size of them. They are mega container ships. These weren't abundant 10 years ago. They are outgrowing the harbors that were designed for smaller ships.

THE KOB has no issues working around beach closures , just like he did last year. But dealing with the oil presents it's own challenges. There is already a video out of a guy with oil blobs up to his knees after a hunt. Some have reactions to this such as burning skin , etc. This could be a factor whether I may have an EPIC season. Less hunters not willing to risk it....

Good info KOB!

Ron

If this thread turns political spank someone else , my a,,, is still sore from Rudy a month ago , still scratching my head here , it's always Earls fault :lol: how is that , Earls in the trunk ?

Yet another West coast problem

40 containers fall off a cargo ship , that contain hazardous material :mad: Off Vancouver Island , Us & Canadian resources called in https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ncouver-island/ar-AAPSHHp?ocid=BingNewsSearch Question the cargo ships waiting to be off loaded , will they be in danger from the storm approaching ? As rough seas were to blame , along with a fire for this accident ? The ship is operated by ZIM Intergraded Shipping LTD of Israel .

Back
Top Bottom