The hunt for Clad and self respect.

After the hug shove a detector in his hands and go !

But you do remember that fun is priceless.[/QUOTE

Yes, I sure do ! Metal detecting is fun....and it also helps me stay positive and happy and gives me something to think about while I'm working the rest of the day. I do other fun things too. One of the reasons I go so early in the morning and only during the week is so it doesn't take time away from hanging out with my girlfriend/wife/boss. I am a multifaceted individual :laughing:. I am looking forward to my son's visit. It's been too long since we saw him. I am expecting a pretty intense hug for sure ! So HAPPY THANKSGIVING !! I know....you're in Canada so HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING !
Yes, we already had it. So happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

You spend a lot of time early in the morning hunting. I respect you for getting up and going out. Problem with that might be it is too late. Most tourist detectors and others go after the beach empties out and by midnight they are in bed. Going at 3 am is too late for beaches like Clearwater or other favorite beaches. The early bird finds the worm. Really you need to be in the water to find gold but the sand sucks here now. Right now the water is bleak. The sand is thick so dry sand has the hope of gold. The ramps going out of the beach should always be a place to check.

You spend a lot of time early in the morning hunting. I respect you for getting up and going out. Problem with that might be it is too late. Most tourist detectors and others go after the beach empties out and by midnight they are in bed. Going at 3 am is too late for beaches like Clearwater or other favorite beaches. The early bird finds the worm. Really you need to be in the water to find gold but the sand sucks here now. Right now the water is bleak. The sand is thick so dry sand has the hope of gold. The ramps going out of the beach should always be a place to check.

Ahhh but the early morning is the only chance I get. It's not always bleak...hardly ever really. It's a big beach and surprisingly most of the time, there are things to be found. Gold is rare but I'm sure it will get better. So do you really hunt "chest deep". That's past the second sandbar right ? Low tide tomorrow early...so could be a good day.

Ahhh but the early morning is the only chance I get. It's not always bleak...hardly ever really. It's a big beach and surprisingly most of the time, there are things to be found. Gold is rare but I'm sure it will get better. So do you really hunt "chest deep". That's past the second sandbar right ? Low tide tomorrow early...so could be a good day.
Normally over the sand bar is a good spot but not lately. Anywhere in the water can hold gold so I hunt from knee deep to chest deep but not lately. Every trip to CWB or St pete has shown that even iron junk we normally pass over is sanded over. It is all still there but out of range until a storm moves sand. Water hunting is poor right now.

Normally over the sand bar is a good spot but not lately. Anywhere in the water can hold gold so I hunt from knee deep to chest deep but not lately. Every trip to CWB or St pete has shown that even iron junk we normally pass over is sanded over. It is all still there but out of range until a storm moves sand. Water hunting is poor right now.

So on that low tide morning I found a dozen sinkers in a pretty small area...right up next to the beach where the shells get rolled over and over. I looked hard for the gold there but was not to be. So what do you think, should I focus on that specific area more in the future or do you think people throw out sinkers like that just to distract other detectorists ? That same area, but higher on the wet sand, is where I've found a couple of silver rings recently. Maybe that's another clue as to how the water moves stuff around there?

Back
Top Bottom