Need help !

So when I was down in Florida on a treasure beach, I was talking to another detectorist who told me some “bigwig detectorist” he knows told HIM that Gary kicked in 5 Million dollars to be on COOI... It doesn’t make sense. Just for the recognition? I assume it’s a rumor, but it adds another dimension.
-A

Wom, ok I admit it, I watched, the guy crying at the end was probably because he knows that gravy train is just about done. I learned about Oak Island the same way those guys did reading the article in Readers Digest, I also learned about the fabled 1943 copper penny in that magazine. I think I have a better chance of digging a 43 copper than they have of finding treasure. That cabbage farmer didn't get rich on Haluski. He found "something" and died a very wealthy man. Would I like to see them find some treasure, sure, after all what are we all doing in this hobby. But I suspect you'll see cows roosting in trees before you see treasure coming out of the ground. Just my opinion. Mark

I live 30 mins. away from Joke Island and it has been louring people to it for many years. Just the $$$ that it has put into NS is a treasure in it's self. Keep it coming people we love that US cash.

Wom, ok I admit it, I watched, the guy crying at the end was probably because he knows that gravy train is just about done. I learned about Oak Island the same way those guys did reading the article in Readers Digest, I also learned about the fabled 1943 copper penny in that magazine. I think I have a better chance of digging a 43 copper than they have of finding treasure. That cabbage farmer didn't get rich on Haluski. He found "something" and died a very wealthy man. Would I like to see them find some treasure, sure, after all what are we all doing in this hobby. But I suspect you'll see cows roosting in trees before you see treasure coming out of the ground. Just my opinion. Mark

My question is this. How in the world would the original pirates have even dug down like that to put the treasure down there... and on top of that, even if they did, they had to do it knowing they couldn't ever get it back out?? Yeah, that doesn't make sense...

Skippy

My question is this. How in the world would the original pirates have even dug down like that to put the treasure down there... and on top of that, even if they did, they had to do it knowing they couldn't ever get it back out?? Yeah, that doesn't make sense...

Skippy

Skippy, this is the voice of common sense. But believe it or not, the "Oak Island faithful" will have extremely fanciful answers, to every skeptical input you can dream up. They'll have some wacked out answer to questions like yours.

For example, if you point out the engineering marvels that would have been required to do this, at the supposed depths involved, they'll be quick to come back with : "Well, gee, they built the pyramids in Egypt with nothing but hand labor and primitive tools, right ? Hence it must therefore be possible for other seemingly impossible engineering feats".

And in doing so, they always put the ball back in the skeptic's court. As if the burden of proof was on us to prove a treasure ISN'T there. But this has the burden of proof bass-ackwards. The burden is on them, not us, to prove a treasure is there. They are the ones who have made a claim, not us.

Skippy

Skippy, Tom beat me to it, I was going to use the pyramids as an example of ancient techniques, Look at all the marvels of design through out the centuries and I would have to say yeah, its possible to dig that deep.And don't forget the dendrochronology on the hand cut timbers that came from those depths. Something happened there but modern searchers are a day late and a treasure short.

I love the narrator, Dirt... in a hole....on Oak island. Could this be the same dirt that the Knights Templar walked on? And if so how did it end up in a hole near the money pit? Priceless :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom