My Yard... My Nemesis...

I usually don't look in this part of the forum but somebody told me too...

and I think it's my yard here LOL

I found 20 or 30 pennies dated from 1970's in the yard - I figured a GrandMa threw a fist of pennies out there for the boring grand-kids to find, then go to store for candy.

now No Coins! lots of Beer Tabs tho

& did you guys know a 1/2" X 2" Bolt stuck straight down thinks the detector is a coin!

In the back yard still has an old Out-House there, we all know coins are around them BUT NOT THERE - Man-O-Man

My wife dropped a penny in the yard so I'd quick complaining

Help Me

Can the Nox see through smashed cans, wads of foil the size of softballs, and sheet metal. Can the Nox show me a Merc next to a 5 foot T-Post ten inches under the ground? Can the Nox show me that the next rusty tobacco tin doesn't contain some kids coin stash from the 1920's? Can the Nox leap tall buildings in a single bound? The answer isn't always a different machine. Granted, there are detectors that aren't up to the task. The F-75 does not fall into that category. There are detectorists who aren't up to the task, not sure exactly where I fall, but most generally in a downward direction. :lol: And there are also nightmare sites where people have left an ungodly amount of trash for 160 years, and that pretty much sets the reality of the situation, that being no matter how much you drop on a machine, there is no magic bullet. I detect my nemesis only because it is "convenient"???:laughing:. I don't have to go anywhere, just walk out the door and get to it. What my nemesis is in it's current state is the single most metallic trashy site that I have seen and one hell of a learning opportunity. With that said, if my yard were a permission, I would not make a return visit as there are happier hunting sites out there, :lol: and I detect other sites without issue, so my getting a Nox 800 would be like getting a pair of $500 boots to wear on the porch.:?: GL and HH!:D

Too bad the cans were whole... the NOX loves microscopic pieces of aluminum cans and same goes for the foil BB sized is best :lol:... and the best part it loves deep bottlecaps... its a wonderful machine to clean up a spot loaded with trash... it does reward you now and then with a silver coin or two :lol:

If you could find a older Teknetics T2 not the new toned down models but an original you never will dig another bottlecap rusty or new... its only drawback is its susceptible to EMI.

I usually don't look in this part of the forum but somebody told me too...

and I think it's my yard here LOL

I found 20 or 30 pennies dated from 1970's in the yard - I figured a GrandMa threw a fist of pennies out there for the boring grand-kids to find, then go to store for candy.

now No Coins! lots of Beer Tabs tho

& did you guys know a 1/2" X 2" Bolt stuck straight down thinks the detector is a coin!

In the back yard still has an old Out-House there, we all know coins are around them BUT NOT THERE - Man-O-Man

My wife dropped a penny in the yard so I'd quick complaining

Help Me

Yep. Sometimes I dig pulltab and foil signals, just to see if the detector knows what it's talkin' about. It does.:lol:I'd definitely take a trip to the outhouse:lol:and check it out. Sometimes they hid money in a tobacco tin wired up underneath the poopin' platform, and tossed bottles down the hole. Good stuff in outhouses! Well, stuff anyway.:laughing:

Too bad the cans were whole... the NOX loves microscopic pieces of aluminum cans and same goes for the foil BB sized is best :lol:... and the best part it loves deep bottlecaps... its a wonderful machine to clean up a spot loaded with trash... it does reward you now and then with a silver coin or two :lol:

If you could find a older Teknetics T2 not the new toned down models but an original you never will dig another bottlecap rusty or new... its only drawback is its susceptible to EMI.

Thanks Cfmct. I'm always watching for yard sales to pick up a Teknetics of Fisher on the cheap. Would like to have one past warranty and then find out about a NASA Tom "tune up", if he still does that???

I feel your pain Huck. I hunt demolished home sites with my T2 a lot and I deal with the same issues. The 5 inch coil will definitely help, I also use a Nel 5x9 sharpshooter coil which I highly recommend. Obviously you can't dig up every rusty nail but getting those larger trash targets out of the ground will help unmask any small relics or coins that may be there.

I have been successful at pulling some nice relics, coins and even a few Reales out of spots like that but it is very time consuming and frustrating for sure. When you find that old seated or Barber it is all worth it though.

The only advice I can give you is to use your smaller coils, Tone down your sensitivity a little bit, swing slow and listen carefully in the heavy iron and trashy areas. I keep a bottle of Advil handy for the inevitable headaches too...

I feel your pain .......

The only advice I can give you is to use your smaller coils, Tone down your sensitivity a little bit, swing slow and listen carefully in the heavy iron and trashy areas. I keep a bottle of Advil handy for the inevitable headaches too...
This but maybe a few adult beverages instead of Advil. Good luck

I feel your pain Huck. I hunt demolished home sites with my T2 a lot and I deal with the same issues. The 5 inch coil will definitely help, I also use a Nel 5x9 sharpshooter coil which I highly recommend. Obviously you can't dig up every rusty nail but getting those larger trash targets out of the ground will help unmask any small relics or coins that may be there.

I have been successful at pulling some nice relics, coins and even a few Reales out of spots like that but it is very time consuming and frustrating for sure. When you find that old seated or Barber it is all worth it though.

Thanks Estim8tor. And yes, it is very frustrating and time consuming. Tom Dankowski puts it all into perspective in his writings, and I think that with all the bells and whistles on detectors today that we don't realize just how many good targets remain in "hunted out" and super trashy sites. Most of the good stuff is still in the ground:

http://dankowskidetectors.com/content/beneath-the-mask-content.shtml

https://dankowskidetectors.com/painful_truth.htm

It's just where the current technology is. The rest is up to the detectorist.

Thanks Estim8tor. And yes, it is very frustrating and time consuming. Tom Dankowski puts it all into perspective in his writings, and I think that with all the bells and whistles on detectors today that we don't realize just how many good targets remain in "hunted out" and super trashy sites. Most of the good stuff is still in the ground:

http://dankowskidetectors.com/content/beneath-the-mask-content.shtml

https://dankowskidetectors.com/painful_truth.htm

It's just where the current technology is. The rest is up to the detectorist.

Oh, that's one reason why I'm pounding the coins and junk out of my front yard with my Fisher F2. When I get my next machine, I'm gonna have a blast re-hunting my front yard. I can't wait to see what it finds that my F2 missed...

Back
Top Bottom