Last finds before the snow

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, been meaning to post this stuff for the last few days, but have been hitting the ice alot. These are my finds from the last few hunts before the snowstorm Saturday that locked me out. Mix of city parks and colonial farmfields, made for some interesting finds including my second identifiable CT copper. So now im in winter cleanup/ice fishing mode until we lose some snow. Also been tinkering with ring makjng. Might get the occasional beach hunt in but other than that it might be a bit before my next post. Hope you all are having a great start to the year. Good luck out there!

Attachments

• 20200122_143708.jpg
    20200122_143708.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 474
  • 20200122_143615.jpg
    20200122_143615.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 449
Wow, there some nice finds and good verity.

The spoon handle, upper right in photo, looks to be silver.
What are the two coins just under the silver handle? Guessing one next to IH is a 5 cent. Is the other a Barber quarter?

At bottom, is the fancy thing a watch winder?

Wow, there some nice finds and good verity.

The spoon handle, upper right in photo, looks to be silver.
What are the two coins just under the silver handle? Guessing one next to IH is a 5 cent. Is the other a Barber quarter?

At bottom, is the fancy thing a watch winder?

Thanks waltr! Just got a.new phone, and while it takes good photos, i cant seem to get.most photos to upload. Yes that's a silver handle with some intials etched into it. The two big copper coins under the handle are a CT Copper and a classic head large cent. Then we have a.very nice 1908 V nickel and you are correct about the barber quarter, its a nice looking 1910. I think your right about the pocket watch winder. Good luck out there!

.... including my second identifiable CT copper. ...

cellrdwellr, you are sick sick sick.

Poor little east coast hunter has to put his LC's and colonial coppers finds on hold during the snow. Eh ? How do you stand the indignity ? :sissyfight:

Some very nice hunting Jeff. Like you we here in Wisconsin are also frozen out. Congrats on the Barber, the Merc, the Copper's and all the rest. Trapper

cellrdwellr, you are sick sick sick.

Poor little east coast hunter has to put his LC's and colonial coppers finds on hold during the snow. Eh ? How do you stand the indignity ? :sissyfight:

We are never done getting LC's. We get them in our change for our morning coffee.

Locked out? Bah Humbug! As soon as it hits 40 degrees tomorrow, I'm heading for the woods. We've only got an inch or two of snow left here in RI, so that's just a minor inconvenience. Get out there and find some big coppers to show Tom!

Nice bunch of finds Jeff. Congrats on the silver, coppers and relics. I envy you guys history up there. I would love to dig a draped bust or flowing hair or even a Ct. copper. Enjoy your fishing. HH Mark

Nice going , AND you got Cali Toms attention way to go!:laughing: wish I had the perseverance to challenge the frozen ground here in the western part of the state.

Geeze! That's a nice hunt there cellar. What r u using for a detector, FBS? Just curious. Thinking about getting a back-up in a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom