Benjamin and theodore take a dirt nap together, with cousin Abe sleeping in the bottom bunk

Hook

Elite Member
I made a early hunt this morning, hoping the rain the day before had helped with getting deep signal here. (super dry). I hit an area that surprised me by not giving up anything except a few copper memorials.

Then i moved to a 40's/50's area of town and hit a curb strip on an empty corner house. I hit a couple clad coins, then got a fairly deep quarter/half signal at 6 inches. I cut the plug, only to find a root ball in the bottom of the hole. ( i hate that)

pinpointer tells me its just a little deeper, so i scoop out the loose dirt and the pinpointer sings its song. i knock a chunk of dirt from the side of the hole at the bottom, and i see a lttle silver coin flip out into the hole. i reach for it, and see a BIG silver coin in the bottom of the hole where i cut the chunk out. its a half!

the small silver was the rosie, 1960 D, the 1954 benjy speaks for itself, and after taking both coins from the hole the pinpointer says that have a friend in there. sure enough, its a 1948 wheat.

i took in situ pics of the silvers, but they were so messed up when i went to load them on the computer i deleted them and took pics of the coins as they look after taking from the ground and rinsing with my little water bottle. didnt even take a pic of the wheat...we all know what they look like :yes:

thats my 3rd benjy in about 2 years. unbelieveable! but i'll take it! :D:D

EDIT:: i forgot to mention, the wheat was at least an inch lower than the benjy, so i'm thinking it was dropped long before the half and rosie was. i think its just coincidence they were all that close together.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 264
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 262
Ahahaha!!!! That's Franklin Roosevelt! Not Teddy!! Rofl!! Nice coins though! You're lucky!

Nice Benji and 3 in 3 weeks, wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add, the half seem to be coming in like quarters around here lately!!

Still looking for my BIG Ben!!

<*)))>{

Now that is a nice pocket spill. Would love to see one of those in a hole. Still waiting for my first Franklin.

Congrats.

the only silver i've ever found was a 1839 half-dime. you guys are spoiled. you need to know what its like to find almost no silver! and ive been at this 3 1/2 yrs!

Super congrats on the finds Hook , Had my first Franklin show up yesterday. Now where is the third person that is going to find one this weekend I wonder :lol:

Great dig Hook! I knew when I saw your name come up on the caller ID that you had made a good find.:yes: That half is in beautiful condition and 3 in 3 years isn't too shabby. Heck, I've never dug a Benji so the only one I own is the one you were kind enough to send me. I hope you continue to get the occasional rain shower to keep that ground moist and diggable. Congratulations!

Great dig Hook! I knew when I saw your name come up on the caller ID that you had made a good find.:yes: That half is in beautiful condition and 3 in 3 years isn't too shabby. Heck, I've never dug a Benji so the only one I own is the one you were kind enough to send me. I hope you continue to get the occasional rain shower to keep that ground moist and diggable. Congratulations!

thanks Scott! i cant believe you're not out hunting this morning :lol:

in order for you to find a benjy, you'll have to hunt some newer ground lol. try some 40's and 50's sidewalk strips and yards. i know it'll be tough for ya, but i got confidence in your ability to settle for the newer silver instead of all those baaaabers and reales you find all the time :lol:

good luck buddy, if you hunt today. i'm hittin it this afternoon .

Back
Top Bottom