Admit your weakness

I'm glad to say I didn't watch it.......nor will I ever. I think shows like that will eventually hurt this hobby rather than help it.

I will admit,I started MD'ing because of that show.I have 6 hrs of detecting.2 clad quarter's,3 pennies,An old pepsi soda cap,and a really old headstamp.Mostly iron and a few pull tabs.I get excited every time a find something.

I said it before and i'll say it again."If you don't have anything nice to say,then say nothing at all" So i'll opt to say nothing at all.

I actually just caught some clips of it for the first time on youtube yesterday. I've had several friends ask me if I've watched it before. I'm not impressed with it, but I'm not entirely surprised. I come from the land where Cajun Justice (omg don't even get me started) and Swamp People are made. So my TV standards are kinda low :lol:

I don't mind that show, its the other show that asks permission to dig on peoples private land and then pull in heavy equipment and tear up the person's long... that's where it could hurt us. At least with these guys they seem to be respectful enough to use hand power and cover up their holes.

I was flipping through channels and caught some of it last night since there was nothing else worth watching. It is better than the other show but they still are not good for showing proper recovery. They don't put anything down to put their dirt on and a lot of their plugs are far from neat.

I missed the last episode or ten:lol:At least they don't burn $10,000 on hotels,equipment,fuel,airlines etc. to find $7500 worth of marked up rusty saws with a son who is a "Heavy machine expert" and can't tie his own shoes.I swear i heard someone in wallyworlds bathroom dropping the browns off at the super bowl say........"BOOM BAAAAYBAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!" New slangs gap all ages and intellects!:laughing:

Come on don't be hating on KG and the Ringmaster. They seem like pretty cool guys and I'm sure the tv channel makes them act ridiculous. It's just part of reality tv. They take more of a history approach than treasure hunting. I rather watch metal detecting than any of the other reality shows.

If only all these T.V. shows, no matter what channel or Country they are screened in would include in their productions some M.D. experts? Perhaps, although I've never seen the American programmes, they're not designed to be serious!

They need to make a metal detecting show that airs on the outdoor channel and not a mainstream channel that's pumps out so called reality tv shows and just maybe we would have a chance at getting a decent show that actually portrays real metal detecting.

Come on don't be hating on KG and the Ringmaster. They seem like pretty cool guys and I'm sure the tv channel makes them act ridiculous. It's just part of reality tv. They take more of a history approach than treasure hunting. I rather watch metal detecting than any of the other reality shows.

Yeah, I think that half of the people who don't like the show are just jealous that they weren't invited to do the show!:yes:

If only all these T.V. shows, no matter what channel or Country they are screened in would include in their productions some M.D. experts? Perhaps, although I've never seen the American programmes, they're not designed to be serious!

If you check out their website, and take into consideration the amount of time that they have been detecting, I would say that they ARE experts at MD.:yes:

Personally I never watch any of the metal detecting shows if I want to watch metal detecting i go to YouTube.

The only one I liked was the one where the guy from the forum here searched the banks of the Mighty Thames during low tide. My wife watched it with me and she even liked it.

Back
Top Bottom