Stimulus Check = New Detector?

But seriously guys. Let me see .... get some $...buy another detector....for what ??? We are all kind of limited to some form of hunting anyway. Better for us ALL NOT TO BUY any detecting gear. After about 6 months the manufacturer's are gonna have to slash prices like we've never seen !

I here

They are using 2018 tax year gross to determine check eligability , in that case im in for a pay day, 1200 clams will be great , credit card relief package :laughing:

But seriously guys. Let me see .... get some $...buy another detector....for what ??? We are all kind of limited to some form of hunting anyway. Better for us ALL NOT TO BUY any detecting gear. After about 6 months the manufacturer's are gonna have to slash prices like we've never seen !

Interesting point, seems like we're still having noobs to detecting joining the forum, but it would be interesting to know if detector sales have slowed much since this all started. It would seem most detector sales are by delivery and not "in person" sales so that shouldn't slow sales, and I would think many noobs start out practicing in their own yard so it's not like a detector couldn't be used even if you wanted to avoid being in public places for now.

I’d like to get a used Water detector because I have some swimming holes I want to detect.
I’m pushing 72 and still in good health so I want to do detecting as long as I can.
I don’t like taking my Equinox 800 in the water so I might look for a used Equinox 600 just for water use and a backup.
Doug

Soon they will have no where to use them with all beaches being closed.

Interesting point, seems like we're still having noobs to detecting joining the forum, but it would be interesting to know if detector sales have slowed much since this all started. It would seem most detector sales are by delivery and not "in person" sales so that shouldn't slow sales, and I would think many noobs start out practicing in their own yard so it's not like a detector couldn't be used even if you wanted to avoid being in public places for now.

Soon they will have no where to use them with all beaches being closed.

As nice as it might be to try detecting a beach I don't have any that close to me so I've just been doing dirt detecting, never yet detected a beach, so the beach closings don't really effect those of us who don't (or rarely) hunt beaches, but I've been holding off for now going in public unless really necessary.

Hey, I've still got likely well over half of my 1 1/2 acres yard I haven't detected yet so that can help me from feeling totally detecting deprived for now :lol:

Looks like this Cvid is the opportunity to take the World into a cashless system...they are already telegraphing the punch using the virus as an excuse to keep you safe from infected money......so....You might want to buy something with cash that you dont want anybody else to know about one last time?...like maybe a NEL Thunder coil or a decent Scoop? :laughing:

I have all the detecting gear I need so the money is going to stay in the bank.
Of course, doing that is not using it as they'd like me to because SPENDING it is what would help the economy.

I've considered many options but I've decided I will be putting mine right back in to the markets and make this money work for me. I hadn't planned on it in my normal budget so if I can put their money to work, why not!

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-checks.html

from the above link:

Will people on Social Security disability get a stimulus check?

If you receive Social Security benefits for disability, retirement or Supplemental Security Income, you are eligible to receive a stimulus payment. Only individuals whose annual adjusted gross income exceeds $99,000 will not get a payment.

(see the page at the link above for complete details)

Thanks for the reply Gary, yeah what I sloppily tried to quote was said to be the Original plan. Thanks bud. Looks like I may be getting a check too.
So what would I do with the money. Save but.... If things get back to at least near normal I may look at spending 3 to 5 hundo on a Vanquish. So far what I see n hear I'm fairly impressed with the Vanquish line. My quandry, do I need that extra depth of a 12" coil and purchase a 540 Or should I save $ and get a 440? Because in these times and finances saving $ and choosing a 440 is probably a better choice. Are we seeing much of a difference between the 11" and 1 2" coils on these Vanquish ? In reality its not a ton of money to buy the Pro package and have the wireless audio but more importantly have the smaller coil too. So may answer to the original post/thread-- Maybe.

Thanks for the reply Gary, yeah what I sloppily tried to quote was said to be the Original plan. Thanks bud. Looks like I may be getting a check too.
So what would I do with the money. Save but.... If things get back to at least near normal I may look at spending 3 to 5 hundo on a Vanquish. So far what I see n hear I'm fairly impressed with the Vanquish line. My quandry, do I need that extra depth of a 12" coil and purchase a 540 Or should I save $ and get a 440? Because in these times and finances saving $ and choosing a 440 is probably a better choice. Are we seeing much of a difference between the 11" and 1 2" coils on these Vanquish ? In reality its not a ton of money to buy the Pro package and have the wireless audio but more importantly have the smaller coil too. So may answer to the original post/thread-- Maybe.

No problem, so much info out there it can take some searching to find the latest up to date info.

As far as detecting equipment I just got my Nox 800 towards the latter part of last years hunting season, so it is still like new to me and I am very content and happy with it so no need to buy another.

Besides, my wife (the family financial advisor :lol:) already had a great idea of adding most of it to what we will be putting on a down payment on a new car we ordered back in January before this all started. It still could be about 2 months before delivery, it's a 2020 Toyota Prius Prime XLE which is not easy to find in stock in the southeast so to get the make and color we wanted we had to do a factory order, but we were not in a hurry to get it as the extra time allows us to have a lot more of a down payment so we'll be able to pay it off faster.

Im planning on cashing it an burying it in backyard for your great grand kids to find with their Equinox 3000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You better hold on to it, life is going to be very tough for most folks over the next months.
That would be the best thing to do. I'm thinking some people feel their utility, house ,auto and credit card debt will be forgiven, that is not the case you will owe all. :?: Don't know about other areas but here there are a lot of people out of a job right now.

That would be the best thing to do. I'm thinking some people feel their utility, house ,auto and credit card debt will be forgiven, that is not the case you will owe all. :?: Don't know about other areas but here there are a lot of people out of a job right now.

Our town sent out a notice to the public a while back telling them that while their electric service won't be cut off if they don't pay on time, they will be responsible for the entire bill and I think even be liable for late fees, they wanted to make sure the public did not misunderstand.

My wife and I both collect Social Security and she works part time at an essential business (motel auditor and manager) so thankfully our income is staying consistent, and we have always tried to be very wise in stretching our budget, buying grocery sale items, using coupons when possible, ect.

Back
Top Bottom