Might be done detecting for the year... cold!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Here is a screen shot of temps coming up this week in Western Montana. I sure don't like those -3 and -4 night time temps. Way too early for that, and about as cold as we ever get here all winter long. Just hope the ground does not lock up quite yet...

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 407
From watching your posts, those temps may slow you down, but doubt they will stop you.

Well, if the ground turns into a brick I will be up a certain creek with no paddle on detecting here. On the other hand, perhaps that would warrant a trip to a warmer climate for a week or so, perhaps NorCal or south of the Macy-Dixy line... hmmm...

Your above freezing most of the days, the ground ain't gonna go solid that fast. But if I'm wrong, you had a heck of a year!

Thank you Gimmie The Loot! I definitely hope you are right. I did set a new personal record for silver coins this year but would like to add just a few more!

That is not good news as I was finding my silvers vicariously via your posts...lol.

Thank you JAK! Keeping my fingers crossed to perhaps get a few more posts in this year...

David, you had a great year nonetheless. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures.

Weather looks even worse over my way. We had a foot of white stuff over the past weekend. Some of it melted off over the past couple of days soaking the first 3-4 inches of ground and then freezing overnight. Now it won't be above freezing for at least a week, making that first layer of ground impenetrable. Not optimal to say the least. I am probably done for a while.

David, you had a great year nonetheless. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures.

Weather looks even worse over my way. We had a foot of white stuff over the past weekend. Some of it melted off over the past couple of days soaking the first 3-4 inches of ground and then freezing overnight. Now it won't be above freezing for at least a week, making that first layer of ground impenetrable. Not optimal to say the least. I am probably done for a while.

Thank you Todd! Last year was 222 Silvers, this year I beat it by only one, 223 for the year, first and last coins so far were Silver War nickels. I'd like to get a few more but just like you, probably am done for a while. I do hope we get a chance to get out again.

Brrrrrr! I couldn't live in the northern states!!:cold::cold1::cold2::snowing::snowing:

Hah! We do have to fight off Wolves and Grizzly bears just to go grocery shopping! :lol:

Sorry to see the winter hitting you guys so early, especially on a record breaking year, hope your able to get back out soon.

Thank you Ron, I hope so too!

Wow 19 degrees for a high on Sunday? I don’t even want to think about that yet. Hopefully you get a warm up so you can get back at it

Thank you CTpilgrim for the good wishes, I hope so!

That 46 degrees and sunny looks promising!

Yep... a bit of hope, thank you porshephile!

Bummer. After some cool days we were in the 80s again today. It is amazing when the temp tops 75 I can feel the energy being sucked out of me. My 2 1/2 hour late day hunt wore me out.

Thank you Todd! Last year was 222 Silvers, this year I beat it by only one, 223 for the year, first and last coins so far were Silver War nickels. I'd like to get a few more but just like you, probably am done for a while. I do hope we get a chance to get out again.

Interesting parallels here. Last year I managed 56 silvers total FTY and set a goal of 75 for 2020. So far this year I am at exactly 56. 3 war nickels, 2 GWs and 51 dimes.
75 seems pretty out of reach but I need to get out and find at least 1 more.

It is going to be 78 here the next two days. I have a lot of vacation time left so I took the next two days off. Going back to the river area where I found my silver spoon again tomorrow. Got nothing else to do and planning on spending all day there. Going to enjoy the warm weather as long as I possibly can!

Bummer. After some cool days we were in the 80s again today. It is amazing when the temp tops 75 I can feel the energy being sucked out of me. My 2 1/2 hour late day hunt wore me out.

I don't mind the heat, Jim, 80's for temps sound like heaven to me! :lol:

Interesting parallels here. Last year I managed 56 silvers total FTY and set a goal of 75 for 2020. So far this year I am at exactly 56. 3 war nickels, 2 GWs and 51 dimes.
75 seems pretty out of reach but I need to get out and find at least 1 more.

I hope you can get at least one more Todd. A new personal high in shiny would be a great accomplishment!

It is going to be 78 here the next two days. I have a lot of vacation time left so I took the next two days off. Going back to the river area where I found my silver spoon again tomorrow. Got nothing else to do and planning on spending all day there. Going to enjoy the warm weather as long as I possibly can!

You are lucky! Wish I had that situation and good luck on your hunting! I might have to go to Northern California for any more silvers.

I feel for yiou guys who live up Nawth. Grew up wading that white cold stuff. One of may reasons i stayed in the South when i got out of the Navy. It is supposed to be in the low 80's every day this week. No dont move south. We are Full.

I feel for yiou guys who live up Nawth. Grew up wading that white cold stuff. One of may reasons i stayed in the South when i got out of the Navy. It is supposed to be in the low 80's every day this week. No dont move south. We are Full.

Thank you George! Had to laugh at your last sentence. Here in Western Montana were are getting tons of folks from California, Oregon, Washington etc who are escaping the craziness of the big West Coast cities for some safety here in Montana. Houses are being bought sight unseen, and many homes are only 1-2 days on the market. I just hope they don't bring their big city nonsense with them. Driving down our highway, there is a sign that says "Ravalli County" where you go from Missoula County to Ravalli - some one about a month ago added a storefront type "WE ARE CLOSED" sign right below the official sign. It is still up!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom