Need help with two finds

YooperBSN

Found these the other day while hunting at the fairgrounds. I think one may be the innards of a brass door lock but I'm not sure. The aluminum disc, I have no clue. Thanks in advance!

y6w12Zg.jpg
rebdruS.jpg
WYA1Qvi.jpg
8NKJeYI.jpg

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Clock parts..or at least the first one.
Yep [emoji1303][emoji1303]

That was my other thought regarding the first item.

That disc looks like cover for toilet lock..other hole is for the indicator...

Had to Google this before it clicked in my brain as to what you meant by a toilet lock LOL

I think the first one is a lock, second one a clock part although the finish on both is very similar. My opinion.

I think that may be a trick of the camera flash...the top two pics (same item) are brass/bronze and the third and fourth pics (same item) is more of a silvery finish, guessing aluminum as it is a pretty lightweight item.

Glad you asked...found this about 2 years ago. Early 1900s site. Figured it was either a clock part or music box part
7b02d79751e10b1208abd79b6ae8cf53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I did not, but the more I look at it I believe it's a music box part. Looks like to me the little metal arms would strike the louvers in the round things as they might have turned

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Something that only went one direction it appears, since the notches have an edge and then "ramp" out. Possibly a spring loaded winder housing? A music box sounds more relevant than a clock, since it's off centered. Probably had a rotating dancer or something. This is similar, but configuration is different, maybe no carousel on it. Only guessing!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 230
Back
Top Bottom