Huge Silver Spill.....

That's awesome man, wow! My guess would be it was a cache that was spread out by machinery at some point.
I had a spot like that years ago, unreal silvers up and down a road, and later on hitting the spot with canadianguy he found the origin of the cache pulling the big ones in one hole that i had missed...

Wow, Amazing! Congrats! Rattleheads story began like this long ago, hope your site is similar!

I liked how you worked that area and also went for the nickel/gold tones...I would have been so silver crazy I doubt I woulda dug them at first...

Yeah, I think like everyone said, you found somebodies hidden trove, and there just might be a gold coin in there, or a jar full..any broken bits of glass, or you figure these were in a bag?...Congratulations on a Dream Score!

Super super awesome score!!!!

Yeah,Epic!!:shock:

HUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEE CONGRATS !!!!!

:digginahole:

BTW, How do you save the FB live ? I always wanted to try to post a live dig LIVE.....but wasn't sure if I would be able to save the footage......Must be it stays on my page to view later ??

Congrats again......

One more time - congrats! :)
As for the nature of your find - couple of years ago we found about two hundred coins from early nineteen hundred in the middle of English field.
Turned out it was a house standing there that was destroyed by fire and when they buldozered the leftovers the can with change that was hiding somewhere in basement was destroyed and coins later were spread around by plough.
What I mean - do you know about any houses been there in the past?

Was wondering the same thing. What was on this location and what is it now? A field, a neighborhood,?

I like how you roll - bringing in the dozers:lol::lol:
Congrats and keep working it

What ?? No gold coins ? We're bored. JUST KIDDING ! That is "epic" just as everyone is saying :p And the "live-dig" in-situ video capture is just mouth-watering for any md'r to watch. Thanx for sharing .

Gary,that’s gotta be a cache, or a stash as Terra said...nobody has that fall out of their pocket. You need to keep looking HARD in a fairly large ever expanding circle if things allow. This could all be several jars of buried coins that haven’t all been found yet. You have stumbled upon something that is SO rare it’s not even on the average detectorists radar. Good luck in finding more,because you WILL find more if you’ve found THAT in this amount of time.
Nice shot of the coins with the machine. It’s not necessarily that another brand of machine couldn’t have found them,but to me,if you really like the machine you’ll use it more. If you use it more,the chances of finding something goes up,a simple numbers game if you will. The fact that the CTX is incredibly proficient in finding things,and along with the “frills” that it has, keeps it in my hands exclusively.
Best of luck you lucky f*cker!!:lol: Literally the find of a lifetime.
Thanks IDX and everyone else... Yeah it must have been hidden. I have found no evidence of a bag or jar etc, so not sure how they were originally stashed. Any detector would have found these coins. I was just the lucky guy to get the coil over them.

One more time - congrats! :)
As for the nature of your find - couple of years ago we found about two hundred coins from early nineteen hundred in the middle of English field.
Turned out it was a house standing there that was destroyed by fire and when they buldozered the leftovers the can with change that was hiding somewhere in basement was destroyed and coins later were spread around by plough.
What I mean - do you know about any houses been there in the past?
Thanks Boris,
There was an old house about 700 feet away, but these coins didn't require an old house nearby. Although I have found some colonial pieces in the area too..

HUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEE CONGRATS !!!!!

:digginahole:

BTW, How do you save the FB live ? I always wanted to try to post a live dig LIVE.....but wasn't sure if I would be able to save the footage......Must be it stays on my page to view later ??

Congrats again......
I think at the end it asks if you want to save the video. You can download it from Facebook too as an MP4

Was wondering the same thing. What was on this location and what is it now? A field, a neighborhood,?
I like how you roll - bringing in the dozers:lol::lol:
Congrats and keep working it

Field. Was the site of at least one old house.But I think at least one more because I have found colonial items scattered about ..Ha, yeah, everyone should have a dozer at their disposal...

What ?? No gold coins ? We're bored. JUST KIDDING ! That is "epic" just as everyone is saying :p And the "live-dig" in-situ video capture is just mouth-watering for any md'r to watch. Thanx for sharing .
I know Tom! No gold. Stinking Silver.. Typically I wrinkle my nose as modern silver, but when you are talking piles of it.. It is kind of nice. I am glad the video came out alright. It was a fun experience having more people "with me"

Holy smoly. I'd flip out with a dig like that. Congrats, big time.That's called a "Naked Cache". Usually spread by plows or dozers. If the coins are pretty close/near each other its probably the freezing thawing and vibrations that open and moved them apart from the cache. But you would think you'd find the container of some material like glass, rusted metal or canvas/cloth.
Amazing. Wow. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom