minelab 705 gold coil for park or beach?

I use the 7.5 kHz in the 10 inch coil. I don't get too caught up with some of the higher kHz machines. Just because you have a high kHz machine doesn't make it a ring machine. I have seen too many ring collections from some of the old 6.9 machines

thanks I think Im gonna sell the hi freq coil that is still new

Bought a 10 dd 7.8, ill put both coils fo sell one it gets here, then ill get the dd 6 inch coil for tight corners, thaks for all yor replys, if you have more info or tricks please share them ;)

If you really are interested in learning your X-Terra, then the place to start is by downloading Randy Horton's FREE e-book "Understanding Your X-Terra".
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/258668/Understanding your X-TERRA A4 size.pdf

And for a better understanding of the various coils you should read Randy's 4-part Blog article "Which X-Terra Coil Is Best For Me".
http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/which-x-terra-coil-is-best-for-me-part-1
Keep in mind that this blog article was written before Coiltek developed the 15" All-Terrain coils and the 6" 3kHz DIGGER coil.

Last edited:
ive already read the articles gonna read the book

I have the Xterra 505. When I first got started I got hung up on coil frequency too. I started with the stock 9.5" 7.5khz concentric, moved to the 9.5" 3khz concentric, then the 6" 18.75 DD, and finally the 10.5" 18.75 DD. I haven't taken the 10.5" 18.75khz DD off in months, and don't think that I ever will. it is a nice compromise - I can cover tons of ground and has good separation. if I were in your shoes, I'd probably run the 5X10 due to its ability to pick up smaller targets, and ability to separate the trash better than the concentric.

That being said, it doesn't really matter which coil you run, just learn that any kind of metal can pretty much ring up at any point in the scale due to a multitude of factors, namely soil condition/mineralization. For instance, pennies can ring up from as low as 24 to as high as 42 where I live. When I move out of my area to more stable soil, they fall in the 27-30-33 range. What I've learned to do is listen for and dig the consistent, repeatable non-ferrous signals no matter the VDI. I have started finding way more jewelry this way including my first gold pendant (pull tab range BTW).

Also, small silver jewelry can register as low as 27-30, and silver coins 36 and up. Throw bits of iron and can slaw into the mix and it can screw you up quick and get frustrating. Slow your swing speed and listen.

Just my two cents, and good luck!

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably run the 5X10 due to its ability to pick up smaller targets, and ability to separate the trash better than the concentric.

Yeah, I'm amazed at the amount of tiny (and I mean really tiny) silver earrings I've found with this coil, and also the 10.5 18.75khz.

705 with the HF DD Elliptical coil is a killer on the beach sand. I mainly hunt jewelry on the beach and have done well with this MD & Coil.
I GB it and then run All Metal, Sens 21>25 and 4 tone.
I don't discriminate or notch out, check out the chart.
DL

Attachments

• addon.jpg
    addon.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom