The Equinox has half as many segments as a 99 scale. No, it's not that simple.

Monte I totally agree in a ghost town or iron site I dig practically all solid to semi solid beeps.

One of the only two V nickels I found this year came from a site infested with both modern trash and iron. It's a wonder you can even find a coin in all that junk, but somehow we do. Hunting that place really hones your skills. The V nickel in question had a short piece of iron chain literally inches from it. Equinox 800 in Park2 hit it only from one direction 12-13. The other V nickel same general site but across road. That area has been swung over a gazillion times with practically every top detector made including Equinox 800. Was probably masked by something above from most directions but the 800 hit bouncing 10-11-12. It was at least 8 inches deep. I find many really deeply buried V's ring below 12.

Monte I totally agree in a ghost town or iron site I dig practically all solid to semi solid beeps.

One of the only two V nickels I found this year came from a site infested with both modern trash and iron. It's a wonder you can even find a coin in all that junk, but somehow we do. Hunting that place really hones your skills. The V nickel in question had a short piece of iron chain literally inches from it. Equinox 800 in Park2 hit it only from one direction 12-13. The other V nickel same general site but across road. That area has been swung over a gazillion times with practically every top detector made including Equinox 800. Was probably masked by something above from most directions but the 800 hit bouncing 10-11-12. It was at least 8 inches deep. I find many really deeply buried V's ring below 12.

I find they ring in low too. I dig all deep 11s. Sometimes is a very rusty bottle cap or the thin end of a pulltab but lots of old nickels out there.

Back
Top Bottom