Fisher interface

Used F5 detectors are a GRAND choice for beginner detectorist not wanting to spend loads. I have a bud with one. I have used some. Don’t underestimate F5. Good coin hunter. Folks should watch and listen when my bud kicks booty using F5, and my brother using far more expensive detector is whining. Seems my brother finds pouch is lighter at the end of the excursions.

Before I bought this one I’ve looked for awhile for a used f5,they just don’t seem to ever come up for sale.I saw one on another forum,but the screen was badly dented,and I figured that’s not a good sign..I don’t think I’d give a f5 to a beginner tho,the layout is easy but the settings would be too much for a first timer,probably give up.

Before I bought this one I’ve looked for awhile for a used f5,they just don’t seem to ever come up for sale.I saw one on another forum,but the screen was badly dented,and I figured that’s not a good sign..I don’t think I’d give a f5 to a beginner tho,the layout is easy but the settings would be too much for a first timer,probably give up.

F5 is good detecfor for begginer. Not that much to set up really. Good bang for buck paid. High conductive coin getter. Good clad hunter too. Stockmcoil makes unit light, and even makes it easier to learn overall.

F5 is good detecfor for beginner. Not that much to set up really. Good bang for buck paid. High conductive coin getter. Good clad hunter too. Stock coil makes unit light, and even makes it easier to learn overall.

F5 is good detecfor for beginner. .

Not sure why you refer to the f5 as a beginner machine? At $550 still I think it's a bit more than a beginner machine.
Gotta say from a in field use if it,,it's just as good as anything out there for finding coins,silver,relics or jewelery.Couldnt imagine what another machine does that the f5 dont do.Hits just as hard on low conductor's as it does on silver,and proper ID..Can't say that about alot of machines on the market,new or old.

Not sure why you refer to the f5 as a beginner machine? At $550 still I think it's a bit more than a beginner machine.
Gotta say from a in field use if it,,it's just as good as anything out there for finding coins,silver,relics or jewelery.Couldnt imagine what another machine does that the f5 dont do

I am not referring to it as a “beginner “ detector to demean. Rather it is not so hard to set up and run and get some good performance in the field. Especially for price paid.

Fisher F5 good detector for person with intermediate detecting experience too.

Beginner detector, not a dirty term or anything.
I wouldn’t recommend just any detector model for beginner.

I am not referring to it as a “beginner “ detector to demean. Rather it is not so hard to set up and run and get some good performance in the field. Especially for price paid.

Fisher F5 good detector for person with intermediate detecting experience too.

Beginner detector, not a dirty term or anything.
I wouldn’t recommend just any detector model for beginner.

I understand what you mean .

Maybe here is place to give a spill about detector’s I would recommend to beginner detectorist. Not based on price but based on how easy to set up and run and gather signal on buried targets.

Ones I have used. I won’t recommend anything I have not used.
Recommended
Ace 300
Ace 400
Ace 250
Fisher F2
Fisher F5
Fisher F75 with DST
Makro Racer
Makro Racer 2
Anfibio multi
Minelab Equinox either 600 or 800,model 800 buyers need to stay away from prospecting modes though until they learn other detect modes.

Not recommended.
White’s V3i
AKa Sorex
Aka MFT
Blisstool V5
Blissootl V6
Xp Deus
Tarsacci mdt 8000

Now there are loads of detectors in the middle here.
Some I have used but won’t list. Imo some prior detecting experience needed by most folks to get and enjoy.
Naturally there will be some exceptions. Some folks just pick things up faster or maybe they have more time overall to conquer running any model detector.
My first detector was White’s V3i.
NOT the road for greenhorn detectorist to take!!!

The F5 discontinued? Thought about getting one or another f2 but worried about warranty.

F2 and F5 are both discontinued. Unless a dealer has “new - old stock” you can’t get a new one. FT warranties are not transferable.

The F75 and T2 are beyond a doubt the easiest and most comfortable detectors to swing. Dave J and crew spent a lot of time to get it right and succeed. The one button and one knob controls is easy to use as well. Anxious to see what they come up with next it is long overdue.

jmaclen said:
I have a big love/hate relationship with the F19/G2+. If that detector had more tones (even 3 would be good in disc mode) and a way to instantly go from all metal to disc and back without resetting everything it would be my favorite detector and I wouldn't have bought two of them and then sold them 6 months later!!!

Jeff
I really have to agree 100% with you Jeff, because while the physical package and 'feel' of the F19/G2+ is good, I don't care for the 2-Tone only audio function. I tried to adapt to it and hoped it would find a 'fit' in my Detector Outfit, having bought 2 F19's initially, and then 2 this past year-and-half at different times. I would mainly use the 5" DD in dense trash and the 5X10 DD in modest trash to open areas, but they just came up short in matching the performance of several units I use.

And, Yes, a 3 Tone feature, or maybe 4 or 5, would have made a big difference. Plus, I do several unit comparisons in iron contaminated scenarios and the F19, like the G2/Gold Bug Pro and Omega 8K and Euro-Tek Pro, fell way short on response and recovery time compared to several devices in my outfit.

A couple of months ago I got an essentially new Fisher F44 and while it also doesn't match the smaller coil performance in really challenging ferrous debris, it is a real pleasure to use for daily typical hunting, has excellent adjustment features, FE Volume, red Backlight, a Custom mode you can adjust for VCO audio or one of 4 Audio Tone choices ... plus you can easily go to an All Metal mode or back to one of four Discriminate modes/programs.

Now, if only they could do some R&D to attack the dense nail and iron debris performance they would have a total winner.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom