Gold Rings #99 & #100 FTY

Excellent adventure brother keep it going!! :digginahole:
Thanks Diggin! It has been a adventure this summer.

Looks like 130 + this year , and you didn't hunt 3-4 weeks
Amazing , I hope you set a record this year in memory of your father , your hard work & dedication has paid off , didn't expect you to hit 100 with 3 1/2 months left in the year , the King :kingdances::kingdances::kingdances::kingdances::kingdances::thumbsup::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap::dancing::beers:
Thanks Buddy, No King just Blessed Mr Earl. Now that I got 100 I can relax and do more exploring of some of these spots I set on the back burner..

Wow! That’s awesome. Congrats on triple digits and that massive pile of golds!🤤
Thanks VW! I do love seein gthat yellow all together, inspires me that I know there is more..

That is some serious hunting, congrats!
Thanks You Saoirse, Serious for sure but I can't seem to get enough.

Outstanding Joe ... Mr. consistency.
Thanks Meg! Next year I'll be slacking off some I think... I think..

Joe, that # 100 is an awesome one to celebrate that 100 mark! man, you don't just find the gold, you work and earn the keeps,,,,,it takes time and knowledge to find those precious spots and you do it well,,,congrats!!!!!,,,GL HH
Thanks Gold Digger! Just knowing there are spots and gold to be found..Keeps me searching, for I know it's there.

Congrats on reaching that milestone OBN! You are truly inspiring! 100 gold rings would be impressive enough but the old gold just takes it to another level! :yes: :wow:
Thanks Compass! I do miss the gold chains and other fresh drop treasures but when I get a dated ring it just adds to my love of the oldies.

Those old whites 1st generation PIs were the best. Hip mount and hunt 12 hrs straight. So... it looks like you have a bank hoard of this stuff. What are your eventual plans for it ? Display as a traveling exhibit ? Sell it ? Give it to your kids ? I know it is not easy to sell for more than scrap. Hey , you got pictures. I wish I had pictures of my old finds. Never thought it was going to end was my thought. Now , I just have some pictures of the last few years.

I still have one friend that uses his PI 3000, oldtimer. Next time I see him I'll get a picture of his machines.
I do have everything from 2014 to now, except a few given away. Not sure on the future, but being a ex Photo and Computer geek I have more back ups on all then Earl has scoops.

A big congrats. 100 gold rings and it's still September. That is hard to imagine and whats better 6 years in a row. you don't have competition you have admirers.
Thanks Melbajoe! I start out each year thinking no way I can do it again, these places are just not going to give it up. But some how it's starts to happen. This year July was the kick in the Butt...37 gold rings in 32 days. And since then it's been a constant roll, only thing that seems to be bumps in the road..the weather.

Wait Area 51 is under water?! It must be global warming taking a toll!

Do you ever worry being that deep that you are going to step off in a hole? That’s what I would be thinking about with all that gear on I guess you walk softly and carry a looong scoop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Reminds me of the old days when we would ask each other " How many POUNDS did you find this year ?" But I see it's still happening back East. Lots of research and history there. Not so much on the Westcoast. Most here at the time would never count a gold filled piece of jewelry. Me personally , I still don't. Tradition I guess. Kinda like counting all the gold plated junk I find out there. But it's a different era now. In the bays we occasionally find oldies , but along the coast it's exceedingly rare. Regardless , your finds are impressive ! Looks like you may want to consider a portable dredge in some of these areas.

If you count silver jewelry, you should count the gold filled. Most pawn shops will buy it for the price of silver. I know the price is not very high, but it is not worthless💰🤑💰🤑

Wait Area 51 is under water?! It must be global warming taking a toll!

Do you ever worry being that deep that you are going to step off in a hole? That’s what I would be thinking about with all that gear on I guess you walk softly and carry a looong scoop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Area 51 is just the shore line with some details I was hiding. I have a few who like to track me down so unfortunately I have to hide the shoreline. As far as deep, the water here stays shallow a few hundred yards out and I wear a 7mm wetsuit so I'm like a cork...Winter I wear a drysuit and just about the same, air in the drysuit get pressed to the top and I can lift my feet off the bottom and float. Now if there is a drop off most of the time I can feel it coming, I have stepped off to nothing but it's not that big of a incline where I can't pull myself back in with the scoop or paddle my feet.

That is a beautiful pile of loot.
Thanks Chuck, hope your well my friend.
If you count silver jewelry, you should count the gold filled. Most pawn shops will buy it for the price of silver. I know the price is not very high, but it is not worthless💰🤑💰🤑
I never Knew the GP or GF they would buy, I was thinking about taking them down to Sandy Point, dropping them...and let the drysand hunters find them. I still may do that, I know the MARS club hunt is Oct 3rd, I may go watch and donate them to the kids hunt. Something I have done before on the relic stuff I find.

Last edited:
Wow! You are blessed to live near all that old gold!
I like the old script inside the 1800s rings and interesting designs. Thanks for the video.
Happy detecting!

Wow! You are blessed to live near all that old gold!
I like the old script inside the 1800s rings and interesting designs. Thanks for the video.
Happy detecting!
Thanks metaladdict! Boy your name says it all! And yes very Blessed to live near water. I think just about any body of water has gold, this one here was hammered many years ago and with that you would think very little was left. Since I hunt in the water I do see why there is plenty more, sand moves here. It Covers and uncovers, then it also moves things. I'm still trying to understand and learn.

Joe, Congratulations on your finds! The reason you are blessed with great fortune is your a great person. Paying it forward reaps great rewards, emotionally and physically.
I just hope I learn half as much as you forgot, so I too can share my knowledge with new hunters to keep our hobby and way of life alive.

A little research can go a long way in rewards. (P.S.) Joe the year is not over yet keep up the good work. Hope you get to come down to South Padre Island and do some hunting with me some day! Lonnie.

I think if honey holes will accompany Joe, then we will hear 150 until the new year! my congratulations to the first hundred this year! :thumbsup:

Joe, Congratulations on your finds! The reason you are blessed with great fortune is your a great person. Paying it forward reaps great rewards, emotionally and physically.
I just hope I learn half as much as you forgot, so I too can share my knowledge with new hunters to keep our hobby and way of life alive.

A little research can go a long way in rewards. (P.S.) Joe the year is not over yet keep up the good work. Hope you get to come down to South Padre Island and do some hunting with me some day! Lonnie.
Thank You Lonnie! And I'll be sending you some pictures soon ..I'm getting ready to do the PP mod on a used Anderson Carbon fiber shaft for one of my machines. Should be in the next few weeks, I need a 800xcal ready to go instead of swapping shafts when I need one. And Thank You for the kind words..joe

Wow! Congrats on those great finds and on reaching 100!
Thanks TW! Each year I start out I think no way this year...

I think if honey holes will accompany Joe, then we will hear 150 until the new year! my congratulations to the first hundred this year! :thumbsup:
Thanks Buddy, We will see. Holidays are coming so it slows down when family comes home. Good Luck to you and stay safe!

A gold ring total that is higher than many others silver coin totals is quite impressive. Congrats on having such a successful year thus far! May you find many more before the year is over.:yes:

Wow!

#100 is a looker..

Congrats on 6 straight 100+, that's something there!

Stay on em bruddah!

<°)))>{

100 and counting WTG OBN!

Holy Cow, 100???? Just plain awesome, congrats!

A gold ring total that is higher than many others silver coin totals is quite impressive. Congrats on having such a successful year thus far! May you find many more before the year is over.:yes:

awesome job joe congrats buddy

Wow!

#100 is a looker..

Congrats on 6 straight 100+, that's something there!

Stay on em bruddah!

<°)))>{

Thanks guys, Friday water was bad, I did just a little over one hour then left, but Saturday it calmed enough where I could get where I needed and got a nice 9.7g 10k class ring. A real beauty..#101

Attachments

• 21l.jpg
    21l.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 61
Thanks guys, Friday water was bad, I did just a little over one hour then left, but Saturday it calmed enough where I could get where I needed and got a nice 9.7g 10k class ring. A real beauty..#101

Nice ring Joe.. are you going to find the owner? :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom