nuggetnoggin-beau chigger

They are what you called sponsored by garrett... their gear is supplied free, and then they in turn promote the metal detecting equipment

How do I know? I was sponsored by a company a couple years back before branching out with Jerr-man on antiques detectors.

My deal was free gear in exchange for shooting videos and writing articles... every "sponsorship" is different, and it appears theirs is limited in that, they link to a dealer website and get a commission on sales as opposed to being paid by garrett.

Maybe their deals are more exclusive than that...

Everyone has something to sell, promote, advertise and we all use the same tactics in some form or another.

How many of you guys watch the Hoover Boys videos?

Yep. Chigger, Nugget, Hoover Boys, and Joselyn. All are pushing ATmax right now and Garrett is flying many of them around the world for publicity.

Chigger and Nugget in Nome, Alaska. Chigger was in Italy and Russia.
Hoover Boys all got demo ATmax to try out and comment about.
Nugget and Joselyn will be at booth together at convention next week.
Joselyn and Chigger will be in England next month.

Garrett is spending a lot of money advertising ATmax with all the Youtubers.

IMO, one of the best is Green Mountain on Youtube, but less known.

Yep. Chigger, Nugget, Hoover Boys, and Joselyn. All are pushing ATmax right now and Garrett is flying many of them around the world for publicity.

Chigger and Nugget in Nome, Alaska. Chigger was in Italy and Russia.
Hoover Boys all got demo ATmax to try out and comment about.
Nugget and Joselyn will be at booth together at convention next week.
Joselyn and Chigger will be in England next month.

Garrett is spending a lot of money advertising ATmax with all the Youtubers.

IMO, one of the best is Green Mountain on Youtube, but less known.

What makes NO SENSE is why DEALERS don't get machines to test FIRST...we're the ones that have customers calling and asking us questions FIRST

So why wouldn't you put them in our hands so we can speak intelligently on them, as we are ULTIMATELY the liason between a customer and SALES...

Yet they pick random people like on the forum to push the machine, yet dealers are left scratching their heads? WHAT SENSE DOES THAT EVEN MAKE?

I'll post a video in the morning of some metal detecting and treasure finds... I'm not sponsored and the only thing flying me around is my drone :p

Great thing about YouTube, You don't have to watch.

I've seen Nugget Noggin, Aqua Chigger, Silver Slinger the Hoover Boys, Relic Recoverist and She Detector regularly and a few others occasionally. Many of them have their favorite machines and about half seem to promote one brand over the next. She Detector has reviewed several machines of different brands, from a well known sales company. Its called Capitalism and that's what made America what it is. They are promoting their product. If you've been in the hobby for a minute you know the people in it quickly become brand loyal and often argue theirs is the best in the world and will argue to the death. I like Garrett, but own a Fisher because Garrett doesn't have a dual frequency machine. Noggin is doing what the Bible tells Christians to do, promoting Christianity. And its usually one verse, not a whole Sunday sermon. If that bothers you perhaps there's something on you subconscious bothering you.

I'm a serial researcher before I buy anything and ALL of their videos have helped me make decisions. In fact. Aquachigger has pretty much convinced me to go with the XP Deus with ONE video. He's clearly a Garrett aficionado and his vids along with some others convinced me to get the ACE 400 for my 9 year old son. For myself however, now wanting to get back into detecting to spend time with my son, I've watched videos to I pretty much reached the end of the internets. Aqua, Nug, Quarter-Hoarder, et al. provide SOMETHING in the overall picture of making decisions on what to buy. If you watch enough videos, its very apparent who's sponsored and who's not. Being sponsored however does not in my opinion render their videos irrelevant. I watch them all, get something from them all and appreciate all of their efforts.

Lol
Maybe me too.
Being the dummy.

Well, I haven't posted here, so might as well.

Notice this Johnny Bench commercial where he what try to sell some thing for aches and pains. Emu cream or something.

Kirstie Alley's weight loss plan meals she advertises.
She needs to be eating them big time!!

Let's not forget about the diggers show.

Seems some manufacturers are looking for leads who do lots of videos with followings.
I say, go for it.

Could anyone be conned through a video or some thing?
I reckon.

What about the cars we drive.
Same thing happens.

Boats.
Motor homes

You name it.

Look, I think there are plenty of folks who are members here, who if they had the time and more free reign, and more loot to hunt where they wanted,,they too could be pumping out the finds.
And doing videos too.

Tell you what, you let me hit that powerball drawing this week.

You think the Hoover boys, chigger etc put on good videos.
I'll show you all.
And will be using some of the folks here who are members in action with their detectors.

Just think it could be
Digger27 and Mud-puppy productions inc.

Heck I would even feel so good I would find a place for Good ole Nectar to participate. He could be the At Max star of the shows.

Hehe thanks TN... I wouldn't let you down bud

Are you gonns be the director? :)

I like watching Nugetnoggin and Aquachigar. I'm agnostic but I am not anti-religion so I don't mind seeing the scriptures in Nuggets videos. They are only a few seconds at the beginning and end anyway. He does get a little too excited about find broken phones and other junk sometimes though.

Aquachigar's videos are good but I like the old ones better. I don't think Garrett is planting things but I did get suspicious when he went on the road trip to Arizona and stopping at different locations. He was just digging up coins without using a detector at a river. That was in Texas but I'm not sure of the video title.

I still don't blame them. I or most other people would take the same opportunity if we had the chance.

Members wishing to discuss detectors and youtube video's is fine but leave religion out of it... we have rules for the very reason this thread shows...

2. No Politics, Religion, Sex, or Drugs
- Discussions of politics and religion inevitably lead to arguments, so they are best left to other political and religious forums on the web.
- No racial, ethnic, gender, discriminatory, or religiously derogatory comments, not even in jest, are allowed.

Members wishing to discuss detectors and youtube video's is fine but leave religion out of it... we have rules for the very reason this thread shows...

2. No Politics, Religion, Sex, or Drugs
- Discussions of politics and religion inevitably lead to arguments, so they are best left to other political and religious forums on the web.
- No racial, ethnic, gender, discriminatory, or religiously derogatory comments, not even in jest, are allowed.

Maybe a little late for that after week and 48 post.

I watched a few vids from both but didn't learn much so I don't watch them now. I do watch vids from non-biased reviews and comparisons.
Just reading posts off the different forums is best for me because I get differing views and some post their actual settings for whatever they are hunting.
Marvin
BTW, nothing against either of them, just not for me.

Yepper!

I'm with you on this buddy.

So here is my two cents and these are just my opinions which mean nothing so don't get to upset with me.
I just learned that on you tube that it doesn't matter how many subscriptions or likes or even views a channel/ video has in regards to getting paid. It only matters if who ever is watching doesn't skip the ads. So basically unless the viewer watches a certain amount of or the whole ad then they don't get any monetary funds. These guys all seem to enjoy using Garrett products i.e. nn, hoover boys, quarter hoarder etc. You see folks who are partial to minelab i.e. plug master ford, diggs4ever and so on. If someone told me hey I'll give you a few bucks or give you access to a cool new tool if you talk about how this tool which is made by the same company as the tools you already like to use, I would be all for it. I do believe most of the reviews are genuine and keep in mind they aren't handing these machines to minelab or tesoro users for a reason. And here's where I'll lose you I really enjoy the scripture to go along with it. This world is inundated with violence, sex, greed, lust etc. everywhere you turn. I'm fact it's become so rare to see the opposite that we find it odd and pushed down our throat when someone speaks about the Lord. And I also understand there are plenty of non believers, or believers of a different faith that will not enjoy seeing or hearing it. But being a Christian isn't about pleasing everyone, in fact sharing the word is something the Lord asks us to do regardless of how it will be perceived by the masses. Basically if you don't enjoy it don't watch it. I personally don't think these guys that share scripture should change a thing. I also don't feel that YouTuber that isn't don't that, should have to or should change themselves around. Long story short if they are providing a service or reviews for the machine monetary funds are appropriate. I'm sure the MAX will have it's issues and limitations just as they all do. Thanks for listening and hearing my perceptions on the matter.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I hadn't watched any YT videos in years (internet related), but have watched a few MDing ones over the past few days. Couldn't tell you who I watched, and if I'd watched any of those mentioned in the OP.

What I have noticed is, for some reason, people think a video being longer automatically makes it better. It doesn't unless it's informative. Graphics, music, or a 3 minute intro for a 7 minute video with 2 minutes of closing is a bit excessive. Make it a 3-4 minute video and be done with it.

I kinda laugh when I watch someone film a coin in a hole for 2 minutes, like he's afraid to touch it because it's equivalent to finding the Holy Grail. I've seen diggers call their buddy over to witness the miracle of the find and recovery....and in every case the 1st thing they do is rub the dirt off it in their hand :laughing: You're pulling a coin from the dirt, not witnessing the miracle of childbirth.

I just fast forward through all the fluff. I watch the videos to witness the finds, period. They're MDing videos, not something I'd expect from MTV (if that's even still around?).

I have no problem with a short intro, a little site history, and the settings you run and why, and a short view of total finds....2 minutes total max. I see them using women in bikini's on the beach as clickbait, I don't even bother with them.

Cecil B. DeMille was not an MD'er :laughing:

I enjoy watching the videos of many mentioned here. They took one of 2 or 3 units and put all their time in them, gasp, HAVING FUN!

Now granted many don't like them because they're not immersed in the overly scientific side and constantly comparing them to other branded units. To each their own.

I've seen the various approaches to the hobby and I see what interests me. The scientific/comparison side that engulfs any real fun (my perspective) is the opposite of where I spent the majority of my time (fun, being content with what you have and NOT what you can get next) in this hobby.

Those in the videos, kidding around, being content, and having fun is what I identify with. I don't mind videos like that, however they're sponsored.

What would kill that would be if they only insisted on the highest dollar units and pounded in my skull that you shouldn't be happy with a mid-level machine and have to justify that $1000+ purchase every day or else.

Back
Top Bottom