Portuguese gold coin.

Doug

Elite Member
I had this tiny gold coin last week.

Portuguese 1/2 Escudo.

The site had a Tudor period (1485-1603) house on it before it was demolished, I assume it was a visitor who lost it?

Thanks for looking.....Doug

Just out of the ground.
IXBUbob.jpg

uaBEN0J.jpg

75YvqsP.jpg

:wow: Wow! :shock:

As a person of 100% Portuguese heritage….can I have it!?! ;):D

Seriously Doug, that is one awesome find!

:wow: Wow! :shock:

As a person of 100% Portuguese heritage….can I have it!?! ;):D

Seriously Doug, that is one awesome find!

I am also of Portuguese descent, though definitely not 100%, I have the hair to prove it :lol: excellent find Doug, it must be quite the thrill to dig gold coins semi regularly over there. They are like unicorns over here, almost unheard of unless your in gold rush country. I've been hunting some of the oldest parts in my area, and have started finding objects dating to around King Philip's war, I'm really hoping one of these first settlers lost a gold coin. We have found silver and copper ones, so hopes are high. Great find, good luck with the remainder of 2022, and also all of 2023!

:dingding: NICE! As someone who spent hiking across Portugal this last summer I think I should get it before Ron! :p

If I was a millionaire, I'd move to England to be in ancient coin and relic heaven.

Lovely find indeed Doug…Gold is of course special, but for it to be a relatively unusual find makes it even more special indeed!

Back
Top Bottom