Last Couple of Hunts

Compass

Forum Supporter
This year has been a grind, detecting-wise but things seem to be looking up. Gold made a rare appearance during the last couple of hunts albeit in modest quantities:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It sure was nice to see clean, yellow gold being scooped out of the wet sand again. Hopefully, we will continue to see more sand movement in the coming weeks/months. GL&HH!

:dingding: Nice! Which detector hit on that chain?

:dingding: Nice! Which detector hit on that chain?
Thanks Felix, Well... that is another story! I was using the Excal when I saw the thin gold chain in my scoop. As I was processing in my mind how the Excal could have detected such a small gold chain I saw ANOTHER chain in the bottom of my scoop amongst the shells and wet sand! It is the stainless steel chain in the above picture with the St. Christopher medal on it. Weird, I know! :?::?::?:

Way to go Compass! Hopefully lots of yellow to wind up in your scoop. That chain recovery may have been a message for being a good dude? I know some don't believe in that. But i have been trying to be a better person. Told someone i wanted a certain size crucifix for a gold chain i have. Couple days later i dug a 14k one that size. Following day i help an old woman who fell at the beach get up. Took a bit to make sure she was okay. Little later dig a stainless ring with Psalms 43:4 in it. Very next hole i dig a 14 k white gold band. Know what i mean?

Way to go Compass! Hopefully lots of yellow to wind up in your scoop. That chain recovery may have been a message for being a good dude? I know some don't believe in that. But i have been trying to be a better person. Told someone i wanted a certain size crucifix for a gold chain i have. Couple days later i dug a 14k one that size. Following day i help an old woman who fell at the beach get up. Took a bit to make sure she was okay. Little later dig a stainless ring with Psalms 43:4 in it. Very next hole i dig a 14 k white gold band. Know what i mean?
Thanks Larry, I do believe in karma but in my case I think it is by grace that I am blessed to find some nice things from time to time. ;)

Good job!! Gold in any size makes for a good hunt.
Thanks Dan, I agree! :yes:

Thanks Felix, Well... that is another story! I was using the Excal when I saw the thin gold chain in my scoop. As I was processing in my mind how the Excal could have detected such a small gold chain I saw ANOTHER chain in the bottom of my scoop amongst the shells and wet sand! It is the stainless steel chain in the above picture with the St. Christopher medal on it. Weird, I know! :?::?::?:

Nice going George... so did you then run the coil over the gold chain with the Excal to see if it heard it? Just curious...

Not weird at all. I don't know why but my Excal somehow hit on a gold chain as well in the last year without anything else around it as far as I know.

Very nice:cool:
That's not weird if you use minelab. Minelab found like those chains. Look at design and you will see and then pressure of sand it made it a small gold ring.
Lately minelab has improved "RX" due to high tech of components.

Hamid

Maybe karma is not real, in any case, if it causes people to do good deeds then I believe in it. Glad you have found those special items and keep up being that better person, you are making the world a better place.
HH everyone

Nice going George... so did you then run the coil over the gold chain with the Excal to see if it heard it? Just curious...
Craig, I just tried it and not a peep. However, this was in my garage. I'll have to see if the Nox will detect it.

Not weird at all. I don't know why but my Excal somehow hit on a gold chain as well in the last year without anything else around it as far as I know.
The only "legit" gold chain I have found with the Excal, so far, is this one from 2016.
picture.php

Very nice:cool:
That's not weird if you use minelab. Minelab found like those chains. Look at design and you will see and then pressure of sand it made it a small gold ring.
Lately minelab has improved "RX" due to high tech of components.

Hamid
I do like my Minelabs. Lately, I've been using my Excal a lot more since I replaced and waterproofed my remote "disc" switch. I dig a lot less trash and my back is very happy about that! :yes:

Awesome hunt!
Thanks Charlie!

Nice hunt man, any yellow is welcome these days!
Thanks Z, Yes, gold has been avoiding me this year too. :?:

Nice pile of jewelry George....some gold makes it all the better...

-Jerry
Thanks Jerry, yes, seeing gold in the scoop certainly lifts my spirits! :yes:

Maybe karma is not real, in any case, if it causes people to do good deeds then I believe in it. Glad you have found those special items and keep up being that better person, you are making the world a better place.
HH everyone
Thanks hikerdude, Like everyone else, I am a work in progress. With all the problems in the world today a smile, kind word or good deed have, perhaps, never been more important. :D

Last edited:
Craig, I just tried it and not a peep. However, this was in my garage. I'll have to see if the Nox will detect it.

The only gold chain I have found with the Excal, so far, is this one from 2016.

I do like my Minelabs. Lately, I've been using my Excal a lot more since I replaced and waterproofed my remote "disc" switch. I dig a lot less trash and my back is very happy about that! :yes:

I expected that reply... I have eyeballed gold chains the only way it peeped was balling up the chain and actually rubbing it on bottom of coil... I have found 4 gold chains by eyeballing them... generally after storms... I don't go to beach searching for chains... I rather have the melt weight from rings... every now and then I will find a mistake :lol:

Back
Top Bottom