Found an arrowhead!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Can't mention finding many arrowheads in Florida. This one is okay though:lol: I guess i can knock this off the bucket list. Appears to be real. Not a knock off modern one. Guessing it is copper electroplate around the edge? Pretty cool!

Florida is supposed to ban smoking cigarettes on the beach. Those darn vapes are driving me nuts! Tossed some along with some beer cans and small whiskey bottles earlier in the day. Also appeared either a boat with Cigars from Cuba sank, or you don't finish smoking a big cigar before you toss it in the waves. Must have seen 50 cigars?

Attachments

• arrow.jpg
    arrow.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 484
  • arrow1.jpg
    arrow1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 490
  • arrow2.jpg
    arrow2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 493
  • arrow3.jpg
    arrow3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 486
Maybe the arrow head from MI just a guess... were you working the dry sand? Those coins are pretty clean... You are getting to that age where you switch over from beach hunting to dry sand hunting... after that its totlot hunting :laughing:

You are getting to that age where you switch over from beach hunting to dry sand hunting... after that its totlot hunting :laughing:

...after that, it's a pinpointer taped to a shaft.

...after that, it's a magnifying glass taped to your shoe.

...after that, it's occasionally kicking at the grass, along with never ending talk about the "good old days"

:D

Last edited:
Maybe the arrow head from MI just a guess... were you working the dry sand? Those coins are pretty clean... You are getting to that age where you switch over from beach hunting to dry sand hunting... after that its totlot hunting :laughing:

Been doing it all to shed the gold slumpy title. Hit it at high tide so am at the fluff to wet sand line to dry. Appears everyone here is struggling and starting to stay at home with their detectors. In 5 days i only saw three people detecting. Usually i see 8 at just one spot. Everyone is selling their gold to buy gas these days. I tried to stay out long enough to cover a gallon of gas in change, but didn't want to rent a hotel room on the beach for $450 to do it:lol: But after seeing some of those totlot hunters finds i may need to switch to them in fall:shock::lol:

...after that, it's a pinpointer taped to a shaft.

...after that, it's a magnify glass taped to your shoe.

...after that, it's occasionally kicking at the grass and never ending talk about the "good old days"

:D

We may need another section on FMDF for all the old goats who fall into these.

Problem is, What would the section be called? And we would need a special moderator to handle the old grumps. :oldguy:

We may need another section on FMDF for all the old goats who fall into these.

Problem is, What would the section be called? And we would need a special moderator to handle the old grumps. :oldguy:

How about the "Turn Offs". Old Farts Finds ?

Nice Arrowhead! But as an avid collector, that one was probably made within the last 50 years.

Nice Arrowhead! But as an avid collector, that one was probably made within the last 50 years.

Good possibility. I know nothing about arrowheads. I'm used to looking at restored fossils. Some are really bad restorations. Only arrowheads i ever found were where we were building a school by Ft McCoy Fl.. They had a trailer where you turned in all the artifacts you found laying on the ground. Someone found a bone and they shut the job down a couple weeks. Turned out it was a turtle bone:lol:

Back
Top Bottom