IHP, War Nickel, Tokens. Railyard Key

MTJosh

Elite Member
Made it out last Sunday early monring to beat the 100+ heat of the day. Tried new tear out for nothing but minimal clad. Guess it was all backfill in the day. A few other spots for misc nothing. Back to site I hit weeks ago where house burned down. This time brought magnet to clean area of all the iron. Removed over 100 nails. Then slow and steady with sniper coil. Started with a wheat and cool 1934 Unicion Pacific token to promote the new aluminum Pullman cars. I found same token 7 years ago in SoCal. Had a junk signal but was digging everything. All in just two foot area pulled a zinclon, rescan a memorial, rescan and now a 44S war nickel then even deeper signal after removing all the other targets out pops a IHP. IHPs rare in Arizona. My first of the year. Then three feet away another odd beat up coin. Turns out to be a good for 5 cent token. Other side just a big M.
Scouted around more areas, found piles of fresh dirt on lot. Never know unless you try. pulled a 1915 wheat. Wish I knew where the dirt came from.
Week before found fresh scrape on well pounded lot. Silver long gone but wheats and tax tokens. But best was my first railyard key. This was AT&SF from 1936.
As always a great time. These were my last hunts here in Arizona. Time to head north to Montana. Thankfully my job lets me live in both states.

Attachments

• 5-22 finds.jpg
    5-22 finds.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 5-22b.jpg
    5-22b.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Railyard key.jpg
    Railyard key.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 322
  • finds mid may.jpg
    finds mid may.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 312
Sweet finds Josh! Have found only a couple of RR brass lock keys, one here in Hamilton MT NPRR was thru here, the Bitterroot Branch of the Northern Pacific. Found a GNR Great Northern Railway key up in Missoula. Way to persevere and beat the heat to find the goodies!

Excellent hunt there Josh. I was lucky enough to find that same railroad token 3 summers ago. I've not been lucky enough to find a railroad key, so quite jealous in that respect. HH!

Thanks everyone. Always fun getting out detecting.

I find many marbles here in Arizona. Guess kids before AC were outside playing year round back then. Even found some nice clay marbles this year. Here is just part of my collection. Some are eyball finds on the surface or just poking through the dirt. Others pop out while digging targets.

Attachments

• marbles.jpg
    marbles.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom