40 year old wedding ring recovery

Blingdigger

Here are the pictures of the 40 year old wedding ring recovery I made last week. My husband’s cousin saw a sign at a local park with a picture of a lost ring and a phone number. He took a picture, sent it to me and I immediately called the number. Talked with Joel, an old gentlemen, he explained to me he lost the ring more than a week ago. He was seating on a park bench and threw a ball to his dog with his left hand backwards and he felt the ring slip off his fingers.
He borrow a metal detector and was going everyday at the park, even went at night looking for with a flashlight hoping he could see something shiny. He had no luck for over a week finding the ring and just returned the metal detector on the same day I call him. Told him would meet in an hour, also asked him to bring his wife matching ring. When I got there Joel had not shown up yet and I saw the bench he described in our phone call and decided start looking. Started on the left side of the bench. First signal, bottle top. Second signal “the ring”. Couldn’t believe, yes it was the same ring of the picture. Placed the ring on my finger and waited for Joel. When he arrived he told me he was very disturbed over his loss. In asked him to explain how that happened. He then sat on the bench on the “right” side of the bench and did the reenactment of how he lost his ring and told me he looked over and over on the right side and behind the bench. Then he showed me his wife’s ring. I pointed to her ring with his ring on my finger and asked “is this the ring? He didn’t catch the first time. Asked again pointing to the ring. Only after the third time he saw and couldn’t believe that I already had his ring. He cracked a big smile of relief and asked where did I find it. He couldn’t understand how far the ring went, actually 180 degrees from where he taught it was. He insisted in a reward, that was a great day!

Attachments

• 548F02E1-98A2-40CC-9CE8-D3BCA1E98BD7.jpg
    548F02E1-98A2-40CC-9CE8-D3BCA1E98BD7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 467
  • FDAC0D30-BF6A-4001-A3DF-DA704195B8A0.jpg
    FDAC0D30-BF6A-4001-A3DF-DA704195B8A0.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 477
  • B059966D-794D-4E74-9201-56E39DADF18E.jpg
    B059966D-794D-4E74-9201-56E39DADF18E.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 462
  • D2D29925-1E64-4C7E-913F-D974DBA2B959.jpg
    D2D29925-1E64-4C7E-913F-D974DBA2B959.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 466
  • CB4AC399-EEC5-4EC9-B966-BEACE7C242AC.jpg
    CB4AC399-EEC5-4EC9-B966-BEACE7C242AC.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 462
Great play-by-play. You can't put a price on human relations like that. Thanx for bringing us along !

It doesn't get any better than that. The smile on his face says it all. Congrats.

Good work! I have a question. I believe that is called a rope ring. What VDI/TID did it read and what machine? I looked for one in a small area in some ones yard and never found it. I basically looked around in the nickel range. I've never found a gold rope ring but I assume now that it reads below a nickel. That ring is likely still there in this ladies yard so your find might get her lucky also. Thanks.

I can work with the TID from the ladies ring on this find.

Last edited:
Good work! I have a question. I believe that is called a rope ring. What VDI/TID did it read and what machine? I looked for one in a small area in some ones yard and never found it. I basically looked around in the nickel range. I've never found a gold rope ring but I assume now that it reads below a nickel. That ring is likely still there in this ladies yard so your find might get her lucky also. Thanks.
can work with the TID from the ladies ring on this find.

Martin-V3i,
On my equinox 800 the VDI on that heavy ring was 12. I asked him what was the ring carat but he didn’t know as he had made especially for him and his then bride 40 years ago. Wish you luck on your search and let us know the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom