First Target - Big Walker

MTJosh

Elite Member
Obtained permission on a yard few weeks back. Last week was able to hit it for an hour during lunch. First target was screamer. At 6-8" I pop the plug and see the rim in the clump. My first walker in many years. Pulled a merc too. Went back that following Saturday to grid the from yard. Just some wheats and tax tokens left. Usual clad (easy 30 coins). Another permission only three wheats. Walker is my first silver of 2022. Looking forward to the next one.

Attachments

• walker.jpg
    walker.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 566
  • walker back.jpg
    walker back.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 568
Congrats on the silver. The thrill of seeing that big silver in the hole has got to be incredible.

Obtained permission on a yard few weeks back. Last week was able to hit it for an hour during lunch. First target was screamer. At 6-8" I pop the plug and see the rim in the clump. My first walker in many years. Pulled a merc too. Went back that following Saturday to grid the from yard. Just some wheats and tax tokens left. Usual clad (easy 30 coins). Another permission only three wheats. Walker is my first silver of 2022. Looking forward to the next one.

Fantastic find. What is the take-a-way from this post?

New permissions is the key.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I was very excited to find this beauty.

Yes - permissions are key. Anything that is open to others around here are beyond pounded. I recently went to a barren dirt lot I hit 3 years ago. Looked like a war zone from all the holes. Seems every time I go out lately, I see fresh holes. Snowbird season in Arizona means more and more people detecting. Thankfully I keep finding just enough good spots to keep me going. Will post the good stuff I found last week. No silver, but cool relics and unique history.

Excellent find and a great way to start the year.
Ground is still a bit, uh...firm, up my way. I hope to get out soon.

It’s nice to find the dimes, really nice and not too common to find the quarters…when the HALVES show up?…it’s almost ridiculous to see that big of a silver coin. Like sensory overload….in a good way! And what a start!:yes:

Back
Top Bottom