Silver ring with diamonds!

aj0421

Elite Member
Reading here on the forum it seems like silver with diamonds is a rarity or unbelievable. I did a little detecting on my day off from work before I was to have my eyes examined at the ophthalmologist. I was at the beach for less than an hour and a half before I found this ring. I found it down by the waters edge and when I pulled it out from a pretty deep depth I thought it looked pretty nice and probably silver from the tarnished look. I didn't think it was anything special until I saw the maker's mark and was easily able to find the same ring online. After finding out how much it cost new I decided to take it to one of the jeweler's kiosk in my local mall for a cleaning. It turned out probably better than I could have done and only cost me $15.
So here is proof that you can find real diamonds in 925 silver.

Attachments

• 20211204_204307.jpg
    20211204_204307.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 546
  • 20211204_204336.jpg
    20211204_204336.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 532
  • 20211204_204404.jpg
    20211204_204404.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 527
Time get out my dinky silver and cz/ possible diamonds and have it checked I reckon. Nice find!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everybody, its been a few months since I found a nice ring.
The ring looked like it had been there for awhile so I am hoping to go back for more. Next time I will take my waders and hit the wet, there were some nice pockets between a close sandbar and high tide line.

Nice find. Diamonds and silver is actually very common, they usually come from an on line shopping place or Wal-Mart. Sometimes places like TJ Maxx or Ross's will carry them. But being a David Yurman you got yourself a good one...congrats!

:dingding: Even though its silver it is definitely worthy of the dinger since that is a well known modern designer ring! That bay will sell really well too!

Nice find. Diamonds and silver is actually very common, they usually come from an on line shopping place or Wal-Mart. Sometimes places like TJ Maxx or Ross's will carry them. But being a David Yurman you got yourself a good one...congrats!

Very common ? Nah...I wouldn't even say common. But what you will virtually never see is a large diamond in silver. What I'm finding more common is diamonds in Titanium/Tungsten rings now. Whereas 4-5 years ago it was unheard of.

Large diamonds ..no.. like you said. But small diamonds I see all the time in silver..just google it and see for yourself. Or go on Facebook Marketplace...they are all over the place..diamonds in silver settings....

That's an exciting recovery - way to go! :clapping:

Yes, I have the impression that it's somewhat common these days for jewelers to place small diamonds in a sterling setting, whether the piece is a necklace, a ring, etc. I've heard that today, the value of a white diamond has less to do with rarity, and more to do with popular demand. So it makes sense that, with diamonds more readily available to the jewelers, they can afford to pair them with less expensive metals, in order to appeal to a variety of customer price ranges (without forfeiting the sophistication of a premium gemstone). :)

Large diamonds ..no.. like you said. But small diamonds I see all the time in silver..just google it and see for yourself. Or go on Facebook Marketplace...they are all over the place..diamonds in silver settings....
Oh...ok. Sure if you approach it like that , yes. I thought we were talking about what is found metal detecting. Sorry...

Oh...ok. Sure if you approach it like that , yes. I thought we were talking about what is found metal detecting. Sorry...

I find quite a bit of silver with real diamond chips. Problem is most are low quality diamonds that look terrible under magnification. Have sold a couple David Yurmans for good bucks on feebay. But always wondered if the silver turned black again since i polish them before selling. Some are encrusted with black:shock:

I find quite a bit of silver with real diamond chips. Problem is most are low quality diamonds that look terrible under magnification. Have sold a couple David Yurmans for good bucks on feebay. But always wondered if the silver turned black again since i polish them before selling. Some are encrusted with black:shock:
Yeah , I have quite a few of the silver/diamond dust chips lying around. They just aren't worth much at all. Unless you try selling like you do , jeweler's could care less. They want 3/4 carat and up. But my collection of the fake metals with diamonds is catching up.

Yeah , I have quite a few of the silver/diamond dust chips lying around. They just aren't worth much at all. Unless you try selling like you do , jeweler's could care less. They want 3/4 carat and up. But my collection of the fake metals with diamonds is catching up.
Might be time to start selling them. :cool3:

Attachments

• KOB.jpg
    KOB.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 308
a jeweler told me one time, they don't put diamonds in sliver. Well you proved him wrong. People often choose their words poorly. He should have said rarely instead of don't.

Thank you everybody for the kind words! I am having a hard time with the thought of letting my nice finds go. Maybe because I just started detecting the beginning of this year. I bought a small display box that I am keeping my precious metals.

At what point did some of you guys start selling?

Back
Top Bottom