Best hunt in a while

longbow62

Forum Supporter
My buddy Jeff got us a permission at a place I have been wanting to hunt for awhile. I'm guessing the farm house was early 1900's. It's across the road from the city Country Club which when founded was kind of out in the country. It's a huge yard. I'm guessing three acres. Good signals were very spotty. I guess my find of the day was the Willys Overland Co. Toledo Ohio watch fob. It was found under a big pecan tree as was the 1919 Merc. I got a 1893 V nickel way down by the street at the front of the property. Only 3 Wheat cents. All very toasted. These were some of the most shallow targets I have dug recently. The V nickel like 2 inches. Merc might have 4"-5". We are going to have to go back later. Huge place and ear fatigue started setting in.

Attachments

• 20211204_141831.jpg
    20211204_141831.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 456
Nice work! Spent last week in Paragould, not too far away.

Thanks, Are you from Arkansas?

Love those old sites!!! Nice diggs!

Thanks!

LOVE that Willys watch fob! :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yeah the fob is pretty neat. I haven't found many. I did find an old John Deere fob a few years ago.

Congrats on the merc and v nickel!

Thanks, Any day I get a V nickel I'm happy. Especially if it's one from the 1800's.

My wife is from Piggott. So to get to Jonesboro i drive thru Greenway, Rector, Marmaduke, Hargreaves Corner, Paragould and Goobertown.

We live in Michigan but visit a few times a year. Nearest decent motel to Piggott is Paragould, 33 miles away.

This summer i found a 100-year-old watch fob at the farmhouse she grew up in, my favorite find of the year. There's a civil war park near there, Crowley's Ridge that i would like to visit.

And all of those little towns have "picnic grounds" where they have annual fairs. Need to detect a few of those.

My wife is from Piggott. So to get to Jonesboro i drive thru Greenway, Rector, Marmaduke, Hargreaves Corner, Paragould and Goobertown.

We live in Michigan but visit a few times a year. Nearest decent motel to Piggott is Paragould, 33 miles away.

This summer i found a 100-year-old watch fob at the farmhouse she grew up in, my favorite find of the year. There's a civil war park near there, Crowley's Ridge that i would like to visit.

And all of those little towns have "picnic grounds" where they have annual fairs. Need to detect a few of those.

Way more motels in Joneboro, and better places to eat too. Only 12 miles farther. I think I know the motel in Pargould your talking about. The newer one on HWY 49 south of town. The Piggot picnic grounds I've wanted to hunt, but have not made it up there. I have looked at it on Google Earth. Those spots I always figure have been hit pretty hard by somebody.

Congrats on the Merc, wheats and V nickel. The fob is outstanding, never saw one before but I love it and bet its pretty rare. Nice save. Good luck, Mark

Congrats on the Merc, wheats and V nickel. The fob is outstanding, never saw one before but I love it and bet its pretty rare. Nice save. Good luck, Mark

Thanks, The fob was only maybe ten feet from where I dug the Merc dime. The fob was ringing up consistent 30-32 on the Nox 800. About 6" deep. Just knew it was a silver quarter. I'm running behind normal silver totals for the year, but I think the fob is a better find.

It's been a strange year. I started off on fire thru the spring. Then summer hit and it all went down hill. I have not hunted as much as usual. Summer was brutal hot and dry. It's a record year for me so far on the following coins IHP's-10, V's-5, Barber dimes-5. I found 6 silver quarters last year. 0 this year so far! At least I have dug way more Merc's than silver Rosie's. That's always a plus.

Back
Top Bottom