3 great hunts in last week

CharlieT84

Elite Member
With all the rain the ground has been moist enough to dig and not worry about dry spots. This past week I ventured out 4 times to a few favorite spots.
In one hunt I went over an area I have hunted many times. I did not find alot of coins but the ones I found were great, my best Indian head penny 1898 plus 2 others 1890 and 1905. I also found a nice 1914D Barber dime along with a 1953D Rosy.
At another spot it was quarter heaven with about 40 of them and a bonus half dollar thrown in.
Then this morning I went back to the first spot and detected in an area that I had previously ignored. I found a silver dime in the first hole. Three hours flew by and I ended up with 6 silvers this morning. 4 Rosy dimes, a Washington quarter and a 1902 Barber dime. I also found a small silver ring. In one hole I had a solid 33 and was hoping for a silver quarter-- it ended up being 5 quarters in one hole. Pretty cool.
Oohh I mentioned 4 hunts- the fourth was 3 hours - 1 dime a nickel and 2 pennies- can't expect fireworks each time you try something new :D

Attachments

• IMG_1818r.jpg
    IMG_1818r.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1829r.jpg
    IMG_1829r.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_1830r.jpg
    IMG_1830r.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_1823r.jpg
    IMG_1823r.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_1826r.jpg
    IMG_1826r.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1827r.jpg
    IMG_1827r.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_1835r.jpg
    IMG_1835r.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 390
Congrats on some fine hunting and all the nice shiny and other goodies. Going over old spots does pay off sometimes. Good luck, Mark

Luv those in-the-clod reveals. They're like opening wrapped Christmas presents. :eat: :santa:

Congrats on the nice finds! Just curious, what method did you use to clean off the 1898 Indian Head cent? It looks great.

Looks like some fun hunting! Lots of coins with some nice oldies and silver. Good job taking advantage of the recent rains!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow, that is a good group of hunts with some great finds, congrats on all the goodies!
Thank you sir. It was nice finding these at a spot I have hunted hard.
Dang that’s a load of silver! That 1914 Barber is crisp! Amazing hunting - love that silver rim clod pic too!!
TY.. yes the Barber has great detail on the front and back. Must not have been in circulation long.
Congrats on some fine hunting and all the nice shiny and other goodies. Going over old spots does pay off sometimes. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark, you are definitely right about that.
Fantastic finds and pictures , that's some great hunting ! Congrats !
Thank you!
Nice job that is one of the most stunning indians I've ever seen come out of the ground.
I was very surprised at how nice it was... my best one so far.
Wow, that is some sweet success for sure!
Thank you.
Those are some good looking coins !! Congrats on some great hunts :thumbsup:
Thank you.
Luv those in-the-clod reveals. They're like opening wrapped Christmas presents. :eat: :santa:
I feel the same way. In fact some times I don't break the clod open until I get home so I can have that feeling all the way back while driving.
Congrats on the super nice digs.....
Thank you.
Congrats on the nice finds! Just curious, what method did you use to clean off the 1898 Indian Head cent? It looks great.
On the IHP I just wiped the dirt off when pulled from the ground. No water used as it was in moist soil. Then when home I did use a tooth pick softly but it didn't need much, just rubbed the dry dirt off. I don't like using water as it always ends up ruining what detail is there.
Sweet! And a silver half Kennedy too!
I wish it were silver. It was a 1972.
Looks like some fun hunting! Lots of coins with some nice oldies and silver. Good job taking advantage of the recent rains!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom