Back to hunting and it’s a good one

Newblue

I haven’t done much hunting the past year due to the pandemic and a lack of permissions. However I finally got a good one. An empty yet well maintained house built in 1800 that sits on a church property. The church itself is a newer building, 2012, but they kept the house in front untouched. Unfortunately because the church is newer there isn’t a whole lot of “old” ground but what is left is pretty great. I’m really learning how to read the super deep targets. My brother has been going with me. He is a lot more experienced and has found several buttons and very old coins. My finds are not as impressive but I’m getting better. Found my first piece of jewelry, a brooch. Unfortunately it isn’t real diamonds ( had it looked at) and the metal is like a copper or something, but it’s cool. Found several buckles, 4 wheat pennies, and a couple items I don’t really know what they are. Let me know if you have any ideas. At least one buckle (4th item to the right on top row) I believe is from the 1800’s. Please correct me if you know better. Anyway it appears this land is untouched. Very rare for my area. Over the years many places have been detected by others before I get there. But each time we go back we find more. I’m gonna keep hitting it until there are no more signals, and there are A LOT! Of course there are many beer cans and nails also. This may take me a while.

Attachments

• BAD50A7A-4D99-4241-B01E-1BFE62DDFDC1.jpg
    BAD50A7A-4D99-4241-B01E-1BFE62DDFDC1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 453
  • B6121E5F-E153-4CA9-9D01-1E4276F25772.jpg
    B6121E5F-E153-4CA9-9D01-1E4276F25772.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 418
What a fun place to detect. Nice lineup of buckles! You never know what old things might be lurking just below the surface there. When you go back, maybe try adjusting some settings and swinging the coil really slow. Digging out those junk targets is a good idea too.

Thank you all. My last visit didn’t yield much of anything good except a 1952 silver dime and a very small ox shoe. But I won’t be giving up just yet. Waiting for the rain to stop and I’ll be back. Waiting to upload more pictures until I have a decent hoard of finds.

Back
Top Bottom