• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Help drilling hole through concrete slab?

Country Dirt Kid

Elite Member
I want to put in a sand point well in my garage and run a garden hose spigot through the wall. I am under the impression that I can drill a hole through the slab with a 2 inch masonry hole saw. I see a problem with hitting rebar or wire mesh. What's the solution in that case? Also has anyone ever put in a sandpoint? Anything you would have done differently? Thanks for the help.

I want to put in a sand point well in my garage and run a garden hose spigot through the wall. I am under the impression that I can drill a hole through the slab with a 2 inch masonry hole saw. I see a problem with hitting rebar or wire mesh. What's the solution in that case? Also has anyone ever put in a sandpoint? Anything you would have done differently? Thanks for the help.

2 inch hole saws are usually sintered diamond hole saws used with water from what I remember? if so that diamond bit will go right through rebar as long as it has water to cool/lubricate

2 inch hole saws are usually sintered diamond hole saws used with water from what I remember? if so that diamond bit will go right through rebar as long as it has water to cool/lubricate

Yep, just keep it wet and relatively slow and it will chew through almost anything.

For a garden hose faucet you could probably run a half inch pipe, so you could just use a 3/4 inch bit on your hammerdrill...

I'd just rent (or borrow) a rotary hammer. Lots faster than a hole saw. No need for lube, and chews right through concrete. BTW, use hydraulic cement to seal back up around the pipe when you're all done.

Back
Top Bottom