Land Gold #14 FTY: Pearl with Diamonds.

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Yesterday, I went out for my weekly scavenging of my two favorite parks (I do 30 minutes at the one, and 45 at the other, and only hit the "hot spots" in each location.

For the entire summer, I've found 1-2 rings total without fail in the visits, once I found 4. Mind you, this is EVERY week I do this. It illustrates how often people lose jewelry and rings. These parks each have water features and one has a basketball court. Kids and parents like to sit on the grass and lots of jewelry gets taken off when the kids/parents either go into the water area (think flat fountains), or during the sunscreen process. I historically find 1-2 gold rings in the 3 months during the summer doing this weekly event, and about a half-dozen silver jewelries (necklaces, pendants, etc).

Yesterday, I found both a gold ring and a silver pendant.

Because I do this every week, it's rare I have to use the lesche digger tool for anything other than prying up bottle caps. Yesterday was no exception. Most everything was just on the surface in the roots of the grass. The gold ring was on top, too.

Heard a beep looked down, and eyeballed it. I didn't even see the VDI. Picked it up, smiled to myself when I saw the 10K mark inside, and plopped it in my pouch. Weighed in at 1.83 grams.

The silver pendant came out of bark. Weighs 5 grams. Was so shiny/new, I wasn't sure it was real silver. It is. At $30 an ounce for silver, that's nearly a buck a gram for pure stuff. Sterling is adding up!

Just sent in 10 ounces of sterling to ARA, and about $600 in gold, too. Looking forward to the check this weekend, but not as much as I would have...

My water heater went out yesterday, and it cost me $1350.00. Nice. Well, at least there was enough silver sold (I sold $900 of silver eagles Monday, before the water heater problem, thinking to use it on a vacation...NOPE!) to cover the expenses.

Ah well, instead of a road trip, I'll be out detecting! Not too bad of a trade-off. :)

Cheers! Oh, and yeah, that's $5 in CLAD, from one weeks worth of drops! I love summertime. :) Oh! And I also found a folded dollar bill! That's only the second bill I've found on the ground in the 4 years I've been detecting (the other one was a dollar, too!)

Skippy

Attachments

• pearl.jpg
    pearl.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 432
  • silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 442
  • clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 429
That is an awesome find rate! That’s a nice looking ring too. Congratulations and here’s to keeping the streak alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big respect to land hunters who find gold rings, awesome job. Not easy to do. And that one has a very nice look to it, congrats!

I think instead of you coming down to hunt with me, I should go up to hunt with you! Nice job Skip.

Congratulations on the gold Skippy. I regularly re-read your treatise on hunting for rings at playfields and parks. Lots of great info and something every dirt fisher should read at least once. Hope your luck continues.

As always, great finds. I've been hitting playgrounds and looking for shallow, recent drops. Its just to hot to be slicing sod. No gold for me though!

I think instead of you coming down to hunt with me, I should go up to hunt with you! Nice job Skip.

Right now, I'm in "fresh drop" season. Come fall, I'll find a few more schools that deserve some TLG "True Line Gridding". That's when I should be back in the volume business!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom