Tough hunts produce Butter for my friend, Shiny for me!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I've gone out to detect a few times lately but nothing really worthwhile to report, no prob getting some good permissions but silvers have been scarce!

Headed up to Missoula today with my local friend (AT Max) and his daughter, and we got the OK at 4 vintage 1940's-50's homes. My best find of the day was the cool old Derringer cap gun, the previous trip out produced the Belize Coin, the Missoula Transit Token, and a couple of Mercury Dimes 1939 and 1944. My friend scored the best (by far) target today with a 14k Gold Ring, at that newer apartment complex I've been checking.

I have been making "gas money" on every trip but have not been getting the coil over much silver. Rain forecast for Sat and Sun but hope to get out a bit next week, thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• war1.jpg
    war1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 647
  • war2.jpg
    war2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 590
well what's the gold ring that was found at the "newer apt. complex" doing being posed on the 1880's backdrop ? You gotta pose it on a pix of a 1960s hippie photo or something, haha :laughing:

Nice finds, all of it is really cool. The silver and the gold are great tho.. Congrats

Thanks woodbutcher!

well what's the gold ring that was found at the "newer apt. complex" doing being posed on the 1880's backdrop ? You gotta pose it on a pix of a 1960s hippie photo or something, haha :laughing:

Hah! I guess I have a soft spot for the older paper goodies! Will have to see what I can drum up for the next group of "newer" finds!:lol:

Very nice finds. My dad has an old toy gun just like that it was his when he was little he 75 now. Next time Im over their I'll snap a pic of it and post on here for you.

I like the way that gold ring looks; even if it is full of holes! :lol: Your Derringer is about the baddest toy gun I've seen posted!! You must be amassing an impressive "guns and badges" collection by now.

Nice Finds!!!!
Found an identical derringer at an old homestead last fall.

thanks Semtav, neat that you found one too!

I like the way that gold ring looks; even if it is full of holes! :lol: Your Derringer is about the baddest toy gun I've seen posted!! You must be amassing an impressive "guns and badges" collection by now.

Thank you Foragist! I do have a few badges and toy guns accumulated! Might get me a few permissions!:lol:

Still adding to the count. Congrats on the Merc's and some nice outings with the friends. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Still adding but quite slowly lately! Am off to Helena Montana on Thursday to do some detecting with a friend there, hopeful to add more shiny to the coffers! Hope all is going good for you.

Back
Top Bottom