Strange NOX signal at the Golf Course

kidlester

Elite Member
Hello Everyone,
I visited the golf course this morning after the rains a had a little luck!
Got a really deep 27-28 and found a 56-d rosie.
Not too far away i got a 22-23, ever since i found the big gold ring i make sure to dig these. To my surprise, it was a 43-d war nickle. Re-checked the hole and found nothing. Has anyone seen this?
Also found a 26-d wheat in great condition, i may have found the original old ground of the course.
Park 2
Sens at 20
Sep at 3
IB at 1
Auto tracking
15" coil
HH!
Tom

Attachments

• nox2-15-20 001.JPG
    nox2-15-20 001.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 717
  • nox2-15-20 002.JPG
    nox2-15-20 002.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 707
Yes I’ve found war nickels in the penny range. The reason being the more magnesium that leaches out of a war nickel the higher the vdi will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’ve found war nickels in the penny range. The reason being the more magnesium that leaches out of a war nickel the higher the vdi will be

Thanks!
I thought thats what it might be. I have dug them with the CTX ringing up at a 12-35. I didnt know if the NOX would respond the same way
HH!
Ton

I've been thinking about this since we were talking about it on here the other day. I can see the vdi get pushed up to 15 from this effect, but into the low 20s? From what I've read online and seen for myself, they're either at nickel range, one number above, or all the way over 20. In the ground and out of it. Wouldn't we see war nickels reading ANYWHERE between 12/13 and the lower 20s if it were due to magnesium leeching out over time?
17, 18, 19, etc...
Maybe people do and I just haven't noticed it. We should do an air test survey of war nickels!

I admit I've never paid close enough attention to notice if it was the coins with more lack gunk on them and the ones that read slightly (or way) higher than 12/13.

Also, wouldn't the magnesium still be in the soil right next to the coin pulling down the numbers?

Anyway, just "thinking out loud"...not trying to be disagreeable.

With the Equinox I have found many war nickels. They ring in 12-13 or even 20-23. Very odd, and I have asked my friends and they claim they only come in at the lower (regular nickel) range. Congrats.

There are golf courses where I live but I could never get permission to hunt them! I've found 3 war nickels, and they all read different VDI numbers. One was a solid 12, one was a solid 13, & the other was a very solid 16......go figure!

All the golf courses around here are private clubs, no way they’d let someone detect. They fine people for hitting to much dirt on the swing lol

Golf course? Wow how did you ever talk them into giving permission? Congrats.

The course was a municipal that has been closed. The city inherited a newer course in town and the one i hunt will be turned into a "superpark" with indoor golf, baseball fields,etc. Needs to be hunted before it is all gone!
HH!

All the golf courses around here are private clubs, no way they’d let someone detect. They fine people for hitting to much dirt on the swing lol

Course has been closed in favor of a "superpark" on the 145 acres.
Tom

I've dug a war nickel that came in at a solid 20 and one that came in at a solid 15 the others were just like clad nickels: 12/13.

Hello Everyone,
I visited the golf course this morning after the rains a had a little luck!
Got a really deep 27-28 and found a 56-d rosie.
Not too far away i got a 22-23, ever since i found the big gold ring i make sure to dig these. To my surprise, it was a 43-d war nickle. Re-checked the hole and found nothing. Has anyone seen this?
Also found a 26-d wheat in great condition, i may have found the original old ground of the course.
Park 2
Sens at 20
Sep at 3
IB at 1
Auto tracking
15" coil
HH!
Tom

Well,
I have had war nickel using Etrac read as silver ID undisturbed when buried. Dug it on top of the ground read like normal nickel does.

Well,
I have had war nickel using Etrac read as silver ID undisturbed when buried. Dug it on top of the ground read like normal nickel does.

Hello,
Same experience. I've the war nickles ring up as an IHP or wheat on the CTX and NOX when they are worn or deep. I've dug them at an old church near the house that range up a 12/15 and six feet away a 12/36. Same soil.
Strange.
Tom

I dug a war nickel that rang up like a quarter. I was surprised when it came out of the dirt. Checked carefully to make sure that there was not something else there. Then someone said that there was no way that a war nickel would ring up that high So I took 11 war nickels that I have had since back in the early 60's and checked each one with my machine and every one rang up as a nickel. I don't know why that one rang up so high but I know that it did.

Back
Top Bottom