plugger rods you can own the biz

I can send you a set of brass knuckles if you like or maybe you can talk Fisher into putting them on the AQ... haven't heard much about that wonder machine recently... I guess its because Fisher is going to produce what one or two to see how they sell? :laughing:

I'm surprised you missed this one.. Are you feeling ok now days? :snapoutofit:

Once my warranty has ran out I will be changing my AQ around, maybe just in time for some of chucks new products or my own workings. One of the changes is already in place.. Eric Foster works. Notice the one coil is made like the old aquastar, with the metal pin in the coil.

Attachments

• aq.jpg
    aq.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 20210807_194719.jpg
    20210807_194719.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 317
We have discussed it on here too. The idea is ok, unless there is a cross current. The cost of making the oval shaft wouldn't be practical. When I was making the skinny shaft/skinny lower shaft every part had to be custom made. I was losing cash on every shaft. Its fun inventing things and seeing them develop but at some point " the well has got to run dry".
I agree on the ss coil. Nice and thin like that it just cuts through the water. The bolts were a little shady though, everytime a wave was coming in I had to stand on the coil so it wouldn't flip up with the current.

One thing I did make but only made half a dozen or so was a lower skinny shaft that fits into the stock upper shaft. Great idea... but every clamp between shafts and the part where the washers/bolt sit had to be custom made. I still have a couple sitting here I think, if I have a chance I'll post a photo or check my old threads.
A little busy these days
Maybe you did not charge enough, I guess some will pay the price no matter what. 160 dollars, I guess it is worth the less effort. Looks different for sure.. I'm almost betting they stole your idea..or borrowed it.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 149
It’s not tested until I get my hands on it ….. right Joe 😂

Dew best you set this one out buddy, we can't afford you breaking anything else.. detectors and your body..;)

Joe

Don't understand why you havn't built your own machines , instead of mods- on problematic machine's , you have the ability now , to do it , let Fisher eat there loss , your not there savior , your mods are high tech. , Ill be the 1st in line , for a OBN PI buddy :thumbsup: PS as far as Equinox shafts go , most have already invested in CF shafts for an upgrade , as for Chuck , as long as there are Equinox sales , there will be a market , just not as strong as he thinks in my :imo: , happy hunting ! PS Neck Deep buddy at the boat dock is about it :laughing: to retrieve my phone , my eyes were pealed , baby crabs , shiners were checking me out , no sharks :lol:

I'm surprised you missed this one.. Are you feeling ok now days? :snapoutofit:

Once my warranty has ran out I will be changing my AQ around, maybe just in time for some of chucks new products or my own workings. One of the changes is already in place.. Eric Foster works. Notice the one coil is made like the old aquastar, with the metal pin in the coil.

I didn't miss anything.... I don't go to that forum just in the beginning but no mas...

Maybe you did not charge enough, I guess some will pay the price no matter what. 160 dollars, I guess it is worth the less effort. Looks different for sure.. I'm almost betting they stole your idea..or borrowed it.

Yup, that would be one of them. Part of the reason 99% of my real inventions will never see the light of day.
Maybe I should email him and tell him 50/50???:laughing: (That's an inside joke, it has already been stolen/borrowed)

Maybe they are giving all profits to a worthwhile charity :lol:

Last edited:
who knows maybe a "Barry's DetectorRods" will pop up and start selling the same thing you had.

I think what Chuck is getting at is the "patent" thingy... Which means nothing really, a little change here a little change there and its finished if it would hold up in the first place.
But I am intrigued about this shaft that nobody has thought of or made before.

Yeah someone has a patent pending on a hubless bicycle rim. Old news on hubless rims.

Dew best you set this one out buddy, we can't afford you breaking anything else.. detectors and your body..;)

I’m for sure a mess right now…. Broken toes and wrist is slowing me down. But moving on top of that upgrade projects have been more consuming. Mighty nice batch of coils buddy. Steve was nice enough to make an IMPRESSIVE shaft for the MDT as well. I let go of my last blue Xcal the other day. Down to 2 machines.

Dew

I feel your pain , one of my moded Blues found my phone that I lost Falling off the boat ramp Tuesday , I found new love for the Blues , most likely never let them go until they die , must have missed the thread were you hurt yourself , heal well , Earl

Yeah someone has a patent pending on a hubless bicycle rim. Old news on hubless rims.

never seen 1... would really enjoy inventing one though. unfortunately the trial/error/equipment is way out of my budget.. im going to check youtube for these wheels.. youve definetly peaked my interest. should be fairly easy to make but expensive.

edit. watched a couple videos on them... that is definetly not what i had in mind.

I’m for sure a mess right now…. Broken toes and wrist is slowing me down. But moving on top of that upgrade projects have been more consuming. Mighty nice batch of coils buddy. Steve was nice enough to make an IMPRESSIVE shaft for the MDT as well. I let go of my last blue Xcal the other day. Down to 2 machines.

Ok. I understand the broken wrist. But curious as to how you broke your toes ? I've stubbed mine into chair legs, etc. But it sounds like you broke many....

Ok. I understand the broken wrist. But curious as to how you broke your toes ? I've stubbed mine into chair legs, etc. But it sounds like you broke many....

I broke my toe when I was younger... I was pitching pebbles up in sky and bats would swoop down on them then I would smack them with a tennis racket... well i missed and it started swooping on me so I started running then tripped on a root, it was dusk fell and broke the toe... I was 13 at most so you animal lovers back off :lol:

It’s not tested until I get my hands on it ….. right Joe 😂

BS... you have no faith in your current detectors if you need to try another one... :yes:

That detector is too fragile for you... it will be in the shop in an hour after you start swinging it :laughing:

You are right…. A detector has to earn faith. I do tend find those weak spots…. But like I say…. Budget for repairs and be glad your finds pay for most repairs. As far as my injuries…. I had an old person moment in a queen bed when I’m used to a king. Did a flip off of it onto my head on a stone tile floor …. Then came the feet 😂. Seems I can break more than equipment. I’m sticking with the story my SO beat me up in my sleep thou.

Back
Top Bottom