• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox 800 vs Excalibur 2

bigp2

See a lot of info on the 800 and it looks good for the beach to me and I plan to purchase one soon, I have used the Excalibur 2 for years, what advantages will the 800 have over the Excalibur?

Thanks

See a lot of info on the 800 and it looks good for the beach to me and I plan to purchase one soon, I have used the Excalibur 2 for years, what advantages will the 800 have over the Excalibur?

Thanks

Warranty. I’m sure there’s other perspective but I’ll leave it to the guys who’ve used both. My only experience is with the excal 2 and not sure if the EQ has a threshold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The equinox works very well in saltwater, but i dont think it was ever intended for full time beach use, like the excal. What advantages are you expecting from a machine that's half the cost?

I will offer my opinion.

Target ID? On a beach it is not necessary. Beep equals dig.

Easier to swing? Not really. They both have terrible stock shafts.

Performance? It is of my personal opinion that the Equinox will hit gold better. I have found small gold that was deep that I believe the Excal would have never made a sound on. Maybe running in reverse discrimination with a very good set of headphones I might have gotten a blip. But the Equinox left little doubt.

Now the rub.....You will dig more micro trash also. The Equinox just lights the small stuff up. The Excal offers a balance of finding nice gold while ignoring the micro !!!!

Pick your poison.

Back
Top Bottom