• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How Did Your Upgrade to 2.0 Work? Nox 800

davedude

My Nox 800 came with ver 1.75. Going back thru the upgrade threads and posts I saw several that had upgraded to 2.0 or better. Is it working better than ver 1.75? Should I?

I for one do not like the iron bias upgrade. For me it produced too many blips in reading the iron while I sweep. I would like them to update the pinpoint volume as my machine sometimes has very low volume in PP mode. Otherwise I love my Nox

I for one do not like the iron bias upgrade. For me it produced too many blips in reading the iron while I sweep. I would like them to update the pinpoint volume as my machine sometimes has very low volume in PP mode. Otherwise I love my Nox

If I understand correctly the F2 upgrade was supposed to make things quieter, less noise on ferrous stuff.

You can try it and if you don't like it you can download back.

Yes of course.
I looked at the Minelab web site for an explanation of the ver 2 update but they are pretty vague about it. Promise "much more" but don't say anything about the "more".
Scrolling back thru threads and posts I have found where a bunch of forum members posting they did the upgrade----but I think nothing since about whether it has helped them or not.
Other threads concerning the upgrade are a mix of pro and con with very little weight in the pro corner.
I would like to see a bunch of overwhelming positive comment about it but that is just not there that I can find. Probably right in front of my face somewhere though :D

If you upgrade the firmware to 2.0, and don’t like F2 (the new iteration of iron bias), there’s no need to downgrade back to 1.75 for that reason alone. Simply continue to use FE (the original iron bias layout). The 2.0 firmware allows you to switch between either iron bias program, on both the 600 and 800 series.

Personally, I like 2.0 on my EQ800, and currently utilize the new F2 settings in all of my programs. Have I found more using the new firmware? I honestly can’t say, but I’m pretty sure I’m not finding less.

I can't say exactly why but overall it seemed a little more unstable all around whether I used F1 or F2.. after about a month I went back to 1.75

I had trouble after making the update also. Seemed more chatty and unstable with my numbers. I usually hunt in field 2, so I decided to give park 2 a try. Only to find out I was not able to go and use either one of the settings fe or f 2. I did a factory reset I was able to go there one time and then not again. I went back to a previous update and then back to the 2.0 and it fixed the problem.

Thank you everyone!
Not alot of glowing reports about it but I will try it. Am now upgraded to 2.1. We will see how it goes this 36 degree morning. Testing my new Whites Bullseye TRX pinpointer also, at least there are glowing reviews for that!

GL&HH!

I got around to updating, went back after I wasn't fully convinced they didn't fiddle with other settings other than adding F2 iron bias, and then about a month ago updated again. After some more use I don't think they did anything other than the F2 iron bias option.

As far as the F2 iron bias, I don't use it most of the time. I feel like I fully understand how the original FE options works and I can hear it working when I alter the settings over yet to be dug targets. I don't yet understand what F2 is doing as far as the pros and cons, and therefore I'm not sure I want it doing whatever it's doing. Plus, bottle caps aren't much of a problem most places I detect. I'll spend some more time with it this year, but normally I'm utilizing a small amount of iron bias in FE.

It works fine but you and have to get use to it.
Next don’t go back to the previous one.
It doesn’t hurt anything being in the unit with the upload verso. .
The old version is still there in FE , Minelab just gave you another option of F2 and you can toggle between them.
Doug

Do a factory reset after updating. It’s kinda like defragging your computer, it needs to be done to work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate all the comments very much. I went out to my honey hole park that just keeps on givin it up although I have cleaned alot of the easy stuff out of there in many previous visits. Had the NOX800 update to 2.1. I did the factory rreset before and after the update. Put the US coin program back into park one. Cycled thru it, park 2, field 1 and field 2 during the course of the day. Selected F2 and ran it in all modes. Messed with it some, adjusting the value up and down.
So----after the update, my 800 still works, hits coins and everything else hard.

This surprised me a little.

02012020g - Copya.jpg

Gotta love finding rings, even if they are junkers.

02012020f - Copya.jpg

Found me another wheat, makes four total from this site.

02012020e - Copya.jpg

02012020d - Copya.jpg

Got a good handful of clad. I dug all penny signals as you can see.

02012020c - Copya.jpg

Here are some of the non-clad items. The ring is like a class ring and says Dallas Youth Baseball on it. Can't find any markings yet still have not cleane dit up very well. Rang up like a quarter about 30 I think. Looks good but I think steel. The long strip thing has a stone set in it on the very end. Weird, maybe part of something for hair. Buttons, cub scout tie thing, odds and ends.

02012020b - Copya.jpg

Here is the trash. I am dissapointed, I expected to dig less of this stuff with the NOX and even less with the update. I might have actually dug more rusty iron that rings up like a morgan dollar then any previous hunt despite F2 settings.

02012020a - Copya.jpg

So I guess it is good the NOX still works good but the update did nothing for me that I can tell. Mind you that is probably because I'm still really low on the NOX learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom