CTX 3030 carbon fibre

Metaldiggr

I've been watching youtube vids of guys with ctx 3030's hunting. I've recently bought a new 3030 on amazon and noticed that my carbon fibre shaft is different. In most vids the shaft has a two-tone (black/gray) CF material that looks like an X pattern, mine is more like what I've seen as far as CF goes, a small cross fibre pattern that's a single black color. I really don't care either way but, after recently reading about Chinese fake 3030's, I'm wondering why mine's different.

Is there two diffent types of shafts for these? Maybe one type was used for the first few years then maybe they changed suppliers and the designed changed.

Minelab website has a section to verify if it’s legit or counterfeit. They show you pictures of what to look for and you can put in your model number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minelab website has a section to verify if it’s legit or counterfeit. They show you pictures of what to look for and you can put in your model number

I'll check that out this evening, thank you!

My dads is brand new and it’s black and grey, sorry I don’t have any pics

There are some people / companies that have made after market lower shafts for the Minelab CTX. It could be one of those. Two that come to mind are the Anderson & Steve's Shafts versions.

mine is black on my 3030
but do your self a favor
once you set the locking shaft to your liking
don't keep opening and closing it it will mess up
your locking clamp...:cool:

There are some people / companies that have made after market lower shafts for the Minelab CTX. It could be one of those. Two that come to mind are the Anderson & Steve's Shafts versions.

I bought it new so I would think it wouldn't have anything but a MineLab shaft.

Back
Top Bottom