Pulled muscle

metaladdict

Elite Member
All I did was bend down to pick up my lawnmower bag an Bam! Severe pain in back and front!
Getting old is dangerous! Take it easy guys !
I'm bedridden a few days at least.😭

Very sorry to hear that, hope it mends sooner than later !

I can relate that it can be tricky at times being in your 60's but still having the mind of being in your 20's :lol:

Years ago I got in a hurry doing yard work and picked up something heavy but forgot to lift with my knees instead of my back and got a hernia.

Then about a couple months ago I got the he-man mindset and overdid it lifting weights at the gym and was in bad pain a few days and it took a couple weeks to start feeling fully normal again.

I need to remember to gradually get in shape and also gradually pick up stuff the right way :lol:

All I did was bend down to pick up my lawnmower bag an Bam! Severe pain in back and front!

Man, if it is that bad, contact your Dr. He can get on a muscle relaxant and some stronger med for paint. Don't fool around with it cause it only will get worse the older you get! KT knows!

Sorry to hear that, Metal addict. It sucks to be stuck in bed, right? Best friend turned Biggest enemy.

We learn from mistakes! Better to get my digger stolen (which it did) than my detector!

Josh

Age has a way with catching up with all of us , reminds us we are mortal. :laughing: just have to work smarter and not harder. Hope you recover soon.

Ouch! Getting old is dangerous! I’ve fractured my ribs twice in one year, leaning over the arm of my zero-turn mower to pick up a branch. Took a month to heal both times. Good luck! Sometimes what works for me is authentic CBD lotion. At least, I forget about the pain for a few hours.

Very sorry to hear that, hope it mends sooner than later !

I can relate that it can be tricky at times being in your 60's but still having the mind of being in your 20's :lol:

Years ago I got in a hurry doing yard work and picked up something heavy but forgot to lift with my knees instead of my back and got a hernia.

Then about a couple months ago I got the he-man mindset and overdid it lifting weights at the gym and was in bad pain a few days and it took a couple weeks to start feeling fully normal again.

I need to remember to gradually get in shape and also gradually pick up stuff the right way :lol:

Man, if it is that bad, contact your Dr. He can get on a muscle relaxant and some stronger med for paint. Don't fool around with it cause it only will get worse the older you get! KT knows!

Sorry to hear that, Metal addict. It sucks to be stuck in bed, right? Best friend turned Biggest enemy.

We learn from mistakes! Better to get my digger stolen (which it did) than my detector!

Josh

I hear that, take care and hope you heal up well. I messed my knee up awhile back and it aches frequently now :mad:

Age has a way with catching up with all of us , reminds us we are mortal. :laughing: just have to work smarter and not harder. Hope you recover soon.

Ouch! Getting old is dangerous! I’ve fractured my ribs twice in one year, leaning over the arm of my zero-turn mower to pick up a branch. Took a month to heal both times. Good luck! Sometimes what works for me is authentic CBD lotion. At least, I forget about the pain for a few hours.

Thank you everyone! The doc gave me valium to relax my muscles, it's the third day and I can walk without some pain now. I guess I will get my son to do the yardwork.

Thank you everyone! The doc gave me valium to relax my muscles, it's the third day and I can walk without some pain now. I guess I will get my son to do the yardwork.

Glad you're getting better, can I borrow your son once he's done with your yard? :lol:

I feel you man. Every once and awhile my back will spasm for no reason at all and I end up walking around like Yoda for a few days. Definitely be careful!

Hang in there, glad you got something that's helping!
Funny how it works sometimes, I can do heavy lifting all day and be fine but sitting on the couch and turn my neck the wrong way and it hurts like the dickens!

yes mine gave me relaxer and a steriod anti-inflammatory last time. didn't like the relaxers so only took the other....it helped immensely. Was down so bad I nearly pissed myself every morning trying to figure out how to get up out of bed:laughing:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune .Glad to hear your on the mend . I have also found out many times that Harry Callahan was correct when he said " a man has to know his limitations " . A few minutes of muscle stretching a couple of times a day and some deep breathing especially before doing tasks will limber a person up a bit and help to avoid some problems .

Sorry to hear about your misfortune .Glad to hear your on the mend . I have also found out many times that Harry Callahan was correct when he said " a man has to know his limitations " . A few minutes of muscle stretching a couple of times a day and some deep breathing especially before doing tasks will limber a person up a bit and help to avoid some problems .

Harry Callahan also said" Go ahead punk make my day" and "Feel lucky punk"! :lol:

yes mine gave me relaxer and a steriod anti-inflammatory last time. didn't like the relaxers so only took the other....it helped immensely. Was down so bad I nearly pissed myself every morning trying to figure out how to get up out of bed:laughing:

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, AND wore it out! KT never misses a chance for some of those good drugs! :laughbounce::laughbounce:

is the med for oil or water base? :yes:

Back
Top Bottom