Cryptocurrency Investors - Where to start?

I wouldn't touch cryptocurrency with a ten ft pole. I don't trust it. Start a Roth I.R.A instead.
talk about ignorant !!
when you cash a roth in you get DOUBLE taxed
all my trades are with morgan stanley
of coarse you have to have at least 1 million $
to be there client...
invest in gas stocks, oil, electric , j&j ect disney
remember the man makes the money
look at trump property... NEVER a roth i lost 700k on that trash
but made all my cash back ++++++++++more:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't touch cryptocurrency with a ten ft pole. I don't trust it. Start a Roth I.R.A instead.
talk about ignorant !!
when you cash a roth in you get DOUBLE taxed
all my trades are with morgan stanley
of coarse you have to have at least 1 million $
to be there client...
invest in gas stocks, oil, electric , j&j ect disney
remember the man makes the money
look at trump property... NEVER a roth i lost 700k on that trash
but made all my cash back ++++++++++more:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't know about all that. I just called JG Wentworth and told them it's my money and I want it now.

I was being sarcastic... I taught business finance at a Shanghai university for a couple of years.
The link provided probably hasn't been updated since 2008.

Shanghai is a beautiful city. Loved the wide boulevards and the night scenes overlooking the Huangpu river, though driving there can be a terrifying experience.

Shanghai is a beautiful city. Loved the wide boulevards and the night scenes overlooking the Huangpu river, though driving there can be a terrifying experience.

Rudy, if you have a chance check out a guy on youtube called Greg Mannarino. Usually has 2 videos a day...

This post is meant to be based on my naïveté. So please go slow. Lol

I do NOT have a lot of disposable income. However, I get a few dollars here and there that I think it would be fun to invest in cryptocurrency. The problem is that I know nothing about either cryptocurrencies or investing in such things.

How exactly does someone get started with investing in crypto?

I have read all kinds of articles and all of that, but what gateway do you use to put money into those markets and track the investments, etc?

Thanks!

new articles about that market / https://www.npr.org/2021/05/20/9985...aign=news&utm_id=49926617&orgid=650&utm_att1=

I do NOT have a lot of disposable income. However, I get a few dollars here and there that I think it would be fun to invest in cryptocurrency. The problem is that I know nothing about either cryptocurrencies or investing in such things.

I have read all kinds of articles and all of that, but what gateway do you use to put money into those markets and track the investments, etc?

Thanks!

I use coinbase to buy/sell in various cryptos. It's really easy to get into. Just FYI though the market has crashed big time over the last couple of days because China recently banned crypto for market transactions and Elon Musk pulled back on his accepting bitcoin for payment at Tesla. Some view that as a good time to buy and they may be right, but it could also crash further. No way tell for sure just like the stock market.

It's extremely volatile and I wouldn't invest more than you can stomach to lose. The potential for big gains is still there though and I'm holding out to see what happens.

I use coinbase to buy/sell in various cryptos. It's really easy to get into. Just FYI though the market has crashed big time over the last couple of days because China recently banned crypto for market transactions and Elon Musk pulled back on his accepting bitcoin for payment at Tesla. Some view that as a good time to buy and they may be right, but it could also crash further. No way tell for sure just like the stock market.

It's extremely volatile and I wouldn't invest more than you can stomach to lose. The potential for big gains is still there though and I'm holding out to see what happens.
The China news story is over a year old and just a recycled story. Even if Tesla did accept "coins" :laughing: as payment at some point someone has to sell them for $. So does it matter if its Tesla doing the selling or the buyer?
All bubbles need a steady inflow of new investors to keep the bubble pumping.. otherwise it blows up. The fact that there is a 3 page thread on a metal detecting website should be an indicator that a major correction was coming... the question is is it a dead cat bounce or a just a correction.
Speaking of which... anymore stimulus checks in the mail for everyone yet? :lol:

Thanks!
NEVER invest in anything you don't understand.

I personally would not buy it, especially if I only had " a few dollars here and there".
But if you want to, make sure you learn about it and are willing to risk that money.

The China news story is over a year old and just a recycled story. Even if Tesla did accept "coins" :laughing: as payment at some point someone has to sell them for $. So does it matter if its Tesla doing the selling or the buyer?
All bubbles need a steady inflow of new investors to keep the bubble pumping.. otherwise it blows up. The fact that there is a 3 page thread on a metal detecting website should be an indicator that a major correction was coming... the question is is it a dead cat bounce or a just a correction.
Speaking of which... anymore stimulus checks in the mail for everyone yet? :lol:
Not into cryptos yet, if ever, but starting July my household will be getting $300/mo. for each teen, as will most of the US. I’m 58 but yes I still have teens. :cool:

Not into cryptos yet, if ever, but starting July my household will be getting $300/mo. for each teen, as will most of the US. I’m 58 but yes I still have teens. :cool:

reminds me of the tech bubble... tech companies at least have the ability to generate cash inflows... over 10k crypto "coins" so far and the tech is increasing each generation. But what are they in reality??? Visa can generate a profit. btc has 0 intrinsic value and 0 utility value and relies on selling to the next guy at a higher price. Now, a company that might create their own "coin" to reduce cost, risk, time, etc. would be worth looking into.
It takes x3 the amount of energy to mine $1 of btc than it does to mine $1 of gold... doing Gods work:laughing:
Gold and silver have intrinsic value and can be used in actual applications in real life.. and I can hold them in my hands

reminds me of the tech bubble... tech companies at least have the ability to generate cash inflows... over 10k crypto "coins" so far and the tech is increasing each generation. But what are they in reality??? Visa can generate a profit. btc has 0 intrinsic value and 0 utility value and relies on selling to the next guy at a higher price. Now, a company that might create their own "coin" to reduce cost, risk, time, etc. would be worth looking into.
It takes x3 the amount of energy to mine $1 of btc than it does to mine $1 of gold... doing Gods work:laughing:
Gold and silver have intrinsic value and can be used in actual applications in real life.. and I can hold them in my hands

Cryptos, in a way, remind me of a Ponzi scheme. I want nothing to do with them. Their value is simply determined by how much someone is willing to pay for them. Other than that, they are worthless. I rather invest in stocks and funds, specially those that pay a relatively low-risk dividend.

Einstein had it right when he said that compounding is the biggest force in the universe. Any dividend I don't need to live on, I reinvest, thus increasing the amount of dividend I receive in the future. Over time, my dividend stream has grown by about 7 to 10% per year for the past 10 years. Try to get that from a CD or savings account.

Yeah it’s all about public acceptance on what has value. Cryptos have yet to gain even moderate acceptance so the majority of the trading is very speculative, high risk and volatile. They’re not backed up by anything, and it’s not like stocks where you’re buying shares of a company that actually makes products or services that people buy everyday. Still there’s a lot of money to be made or lost in very short time period. I’ve seen my crypto portfolio triple in value in a two weeks time and crash to half of my initial investment almost overnight. I have friends who have made 10s of thousands over a few months with a measly $100 investment. Greater Fool Theory is the game right now.

I’m just going to ride it out and betting that crypto is here to stay and eventually you’ll be able to pay bills, buy groceries, gasoline etc. No one knows for though. It’s a game. I didn’t put any more into than I can stand to lose so it’s not going kill me even if it crashes hard.

A husband-and-wife duo were arrested in Manhattan this Tuesday morning, charged with an alleged conspiracy to launder $4.5 billion worth of cryptocurrency stolen in the 2016 hack of currency exchange Bitfinex. Ilya Lichtenstein, 34, and his wife, Heather Morgan, 31, both of Manhattan, are due in court Tuesday afternoon.

A husband-and-wife duo were arrested in Manhattan this Tuesday morning, charged with an alleged conspiracy to launder $4.5 billion worth of cryptocurrency stolen in the 2016 hack of currency exchange Bitfinex. Ilya Lichtenstein, 34, and his wife, Heather Morgan, 31, both of Manhattan, are due in court Tuesday afternoon.

So I guess all those "coins" are traceable after all:laughing:.
Crypto trading will quickly disappear if/when the US ever gets control of the physical gold market again... Until then, Bitcon is the new age gold.

Back
Top Bottom