• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett headphone help?

Junkbucket

So my headphones suddenly don't work. My machine audio still works. The headphones Ohm out at 103 Ohms, I expected they would show open. Any thoughts on further trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Are they the wireless MS-3 headphones or the hardwired underwater headphones? I just got my MS-3 headphones back from the shop. It was a dead microUSB re-chargable battery that was about 3 years old. They said the battery was "puffy" when they opened it up.

How old are they? And what are they? Head phones are fairly simple, most of the time it is a cable or plug. And it's just a matter of elimination. I would check the cable first......... Pull the cup off , disconnect the speaker and check with another that you know works. Or you can check the continuity, plug to the main cup, the in cable.

Sorry, they are the wired MS-2's. I'm trying to figure out how open them up to access the guts without getting too heavy handed. I figured a wire got pulled loose inside the headphone but my ohm meter doesn't show an open circuit. The unit is 4 years old.

Email Garrett....they're REALLY good about giving support.

For example, my 2013 era AT Pro headphones broke (the top plastic arc) and I emailed them asking if I could buy just that part.

They apologized but said they don't make that headphone any longer, but they found a used set in really good condition that they sent me for free.

I got the ear cup removed, it's glued on the sides, so sort of a pain.
The red wire from the machine cable is detached, once i figure out where to solder it to, I'll be good to go.

I got the ear cup removed, it's glued on the sides, so sort of a pain.
The red wire from the machine cable is detached, once i figure out where to solder it to, I'll be good to go.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one humming the "diffusing bomb" theme from Mission impossible... :lol:

Josh

Please tell me that I'm not the only one humming the "diffusing bomb" theme from Mission impossible... :lol:

Josh

Thanks for that Josh, I wasn't until you mentioned it. I'll probably have it in my head all day now. I like to whistle the scarecrow song from the wizard of OZ at work and see who's whistling it later in the day.:lol: It looks like it attaches to the terminal board, I'll google it to be sure/always trust the info you get from the internet :roll: I should be beeping in no time.

Got it soldered up, added cable ties inside and out for strain relief and snapped it back together. Good as new, maybe better.

Thanks All

Back
Top Bottom