I evidently have a spotless yard

Smurfe

I received my Nokta Makro Simplex + yesterday. I set it all up with SP24 coil and went out in my yard today. I have covered my entire yard in all metal mode and not heard a single peep from it in the main yard area. Not even on the strip between the sidewalk and the street.

I thought maybe I had something set wrong but the machine goes crazy at the seams on my sidewalk that have a metal strip between each section so it is detecting metal. It also picked up the water and gas line at the side of the house. I did step a few feet into my neighbor's yard and had a hit of a small piece of foil that looks like from a cigarette pack. Stepped back into my yard and swung around again for another half hour and not a peep.

We are only the second family to live here and the house is 13 years old. I am just shocked there was nothing found trash or coin-wise. I am going to put the large coil on and give it another try tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.

That is strange, being a fairly new house you’d think there would be plenty of nails and other metal debris laying around from the construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not uncommon here for contractors to use clean fill dirt around new construction. Just a thought.

That is unusual, normally there would be at the very least a few bits of metal trash if nothing else with it being there 13 years :?:

Be happy that the people who prepped and built your house were not idiots.
My property is full of nails of all sizes, bud lite can slaw, bottle caps, wire and an extraordinary amount of horse shoes. I even found a complete, buried 8 foot long T post. We keep detecting to prevent so many flats on the tractor and mowers. In the 12 years we have lived here we have not found anything worth keeping except the T post. It looks like with all the beer cans they threw out in the yard, they would have dropped at least one coin but they didn't.

I wonder if the previous owner had a detector and cleaned it out. 13 years is plenty long enough to pick out any "dirty" stuff from the "clean" fill. Very strange to say the least...

When a house is built it is rare for the landscaper to worry about all the aluminum cans, nails and other trash. They might get rid of some of the hig stuff but most of it will get covered up. I still have aluminum cans in my yard that have been there since the house was built over 40 years ago.

grab 5 penny's & throw them out on the yard, tomorrow, go back out there & see if you can find all 5 LOL

I found 20 or 30 pennies in my house front yard, I figured some Grand Kids got bored & their Grandma threw some out there & told them we'd go to the store for candy with what they found

I am beginning to think it is the SP24 coil. I went all over my yard again and not a peep. The Simplex + would go crazy around my sidewalk that has metal in the seams between pads. I decided to put on the stock coil and have had a few hits on stuff. I didn't dig anything up but the thing was definitely detecting something in the 50-59 range on the screen. Off to play some more.

My house was built in 1935. It's been in my family since the 1960's, so I know I was the first to detect it. I found a 1903 Barber dime, 1920 Merc and a few wheaties from the teens. Also found a dozen clad coins. That was it for 80 years of people living here! I guess some people are just tight with their money and don't lose it!

Hi Smurfe...
Regarding coils, i was unnhappy with the detector with the stock coil. Just too chatty even when the sensitivity was dialed way back.
I invested in the SP24 coil and things started working for me. I knock a couple of bars off the sensitivity and have found three silvers since then.

The other day i headed to the beach and for an experiment switched to the stock coil.

I don't think i went 20 yards into the sand before walking back to the car to switch to the SP24. The bigger coil just squawked and squawked even with the sensitivity dialed back.

Then with the quieter coil i quickly found a set of car keys, a kid's bracelet, and a charm from a bracelet.

In your case i would be tempted to spread a sheet on the ground and space out a variety of targets on it and try detecting it with both coils.

Mrs. atomicbrh and I will never forget the time that a new 4 lane road was initially graded in our area. Miles of fresh overturned dirt through an area in the middle of nowhere that had never been detected. We were excited. On a Sunday afternoon there was nobody there to bother us. We detected until exhausted. We only got one solitary signal the whole time and it was a single can slaw near where the workers parked.

Back
Top Bottom