What were you doing in 1961?

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT was 12 years old and heavy into collecting pennies and nickels! HA HA

But the Bennie KT recovered today was being minted in Denver! Whoopie! And somehow after 60 years it wound up in Box 2 of KT's weekly hunt! Now he gets to reside in a tube with other silver half dollars, safe and snug away in the Royal Treasure Chest! :laughing::laughing:

Before you wonder about the strange picture, KT was trying to see if the Royal Camera takes a better picture in shadow or full light....Me thinketh shadow is better for detail!

Anyway, the wagon started rolling again this week. Interestingly, at least to KT, was that there was not one NIFC in either box. Odd after last weeks crazy batch of 2021 Kens! :lol::lol:

Attachments

• CRH 10 21 2021 1 Ben.JPG
    CRH 10 21 2021 1 Ben.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 317
I was 6 years old, we had just moved to Dodge City from south of town. I was learning to play the violin.

Cool, did you follow up on that, Detector? Or leave it behind, once you could make your own choices? KT always wanted to learn to play an instrument…tried clarinet in grade school, acoustic guitar in high school and college, but left them behind when the Voice was discovered. No need to carry anything around with you…ha ha. Have sung in choirs and as a soloist for many years now…started as a baritone, and now sing tenor, the voice having changed when His Majesty turned 40, same as my father. :D

Cool, did you follow up on that, Detector? Or leave it behind, once you could make your own choices? KT always wanted to learn to play an instrument…tried clarinet in grade school, acoustic guitar in high school and college, but left them behind when the Voice was discovered. No need to carry anything around with you…ha ha. Have sung in choirs and as a soloist for many years now…started as a baritone, and now sing tenor, the voice having changed when His Majesty turned 40, same as my father. :D

I played violin all through grade school and then picked up the guitar at age 8. Played my first gig in 1969 at 14 and gigged solidly for the next 20 years. Record an album in 1988 and quit gigging in 1989. Now I just record in my home studio.

Never was much for lead singing, although I did in a few bands, but loved doing backups. I've got a lot of my videos on Facebook doing songs I enjoy, and some of my original stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/terrell.adams.3994/videos_by

Tricky Dicky was President the year I got here and it was also the year Jim Croce died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played violin all through grade school and then picked up the guitar at age 8. Played my first gig in 1969 at 14 and gigged solidly for the next 20 years. Record an album in 1988 and quit gigging in 1989. Now I just record in my home studio.

Never was much for lead singing, although I did in a few bands, but loved doing backups. I've got a lot of my videos on Facebook doing songs I enjoy, and some of my original stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/terrell.adams.3994/videos_by

That is great! Glad you do you, and I will do me!

Congrats KT!

1961 was big for me, I was born that year.

I was being born, lol.

Tricky Dicky was President the year I got here and it was also the year Jim Croce died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your comments. KT is happy to know you all are watching His Majesty’ thread! And yes, KT does remember Tricky Dicky, but was not old enough to have voted for or against him! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom